Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 241 of 320 (2,403 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus - Battery Drain after latest system update

An angry mob is EXACTLY what Lenovo deserve.

People wouldn't put up with defects on a brand new car… they would expect them to be corrected.

As was said above,  a free (or very cheap) tablet would come with low expectations; this tablet is far from cheap - and is defective.

Lenovo are acting like the stereotypical money-grabbing corporation; sell an expensive item and then ignore the customers having problems with the in-built defects in that item.  They won't respond to queries and when they have (rarely) made a statement on the subject it turns out they were lying to us.

Look through the forum and you will find other areas of concern with other Lenovo products where they are behaving in exactly the same way - either no response or lies.

If nothing else, we should make sure that as many forums, message boards and articles as possible are made aware of Lenovo's shameful behaviour.  I will certainly be doing as much as I can to put people off buying Lenovo products which are, let's be honest,  in the main only of average performance and quality.

So yes, BE ANGRY!  

(It won't get you anywhere,  but it does make you feel good to vent your spleen when it's justified.)

Punch Card
Message 242 of 320 (2,176 Views)

Ok, I was previously at the address of that link, thanks for the input.
But yoga tab 3+ does not come without ethernet support, lenovo has not included it so no usb-ethernet adapter (rj45) will work.
Very bad lenovo, I think that is the way to lose customers.
Punch Card
Message 243 of 320 (2,173 Views)

f5moab wrote:

https://www.bobjgear.shop/ethernet-supported-devices

Ok, I was previously at the address of that link, thanks for the input.
But yoga tab 3+ does not come without ethernet support, lenovo has not included it so no usb-ethernet adapter (rj45) will work.
Very bad lenovo, I think that is the way to lose customers.

Paper Tape
Message 244 of 320 (1,664 Views)

So there is news from Lenovo about it ? I suspect the Dolby Atmos to drain the batterie. Maybe someone say it before I dont read all the post !

Fanfold Paper
Message 245 of 320 (1,548 Views)

I never could understand why cant someone (in this case Amy_Lenovo) just post new ETA on the update with little apologies. Takes 1 minute, but makes the support not absolutely awful. I personally will never buy and recommend any Lenovo device again just because of this absence of support.
Punch Card
Message 246 of 320 (1,522 Views)

AlexeiA: For me this will also be the first and last Lenovo device I ever bought.

Regardless of how much time-pressure you may have, there must exist a path for informing customers. Everybody (well, everybody sane) understands that a patch may need longer time IF you inform your customers.

The lack of information here about updates and also the lack of acknowledgement of bugs is very frustrating.

No customer should have to go to a forum and start/join a discussion just to get informed which bugs are known and when updates are scheduled or postponed. This should be normal customer service without user having to search all kind of channels and then even get different answers on different language forums and the phone hotline.

Paper Tape
Message 247 of 320 (1,492 Views)

After a night without Dolby atmos, I was wrong, the battery drain continue. The only way I found to prevent this, is to configure the sleep mode to 30 seconds and let the tablet get in sleep by herself.
It's sad because It's a good device, nice built quality, sound, screen, performances etc. But because of the firmware, the tablet is not enjoyable...

Punch Card
Message 248 of 320 (1,391 Views)

I wanted to thank everyone for posting in this thread. 

I have been researching large sized tablets this morning and while the price seemed decent for what you get, the response from Lenovo is less than encouraging.   

$400 Canadian (pre-tax) is alot of money for me to spend and I'm not about to start my journey into Lenovo land until they sort out this battery drain issue. 

I feel bad for those whom have been early adopters of this tablet and the lack of feedback you've received from the manufacturer. What a shame, especially considering the advertised 18 hrs. usage, which is a strong selling point.

I'll wait for now - they do not deserve my money. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 249 of 320 (1,283 Views)

Hope you guys and gals get your Lenovo Tab 3 plus fixed, but after reviewing a lot of tablets online and reading this forum and all the bugs reported and no answers or false answers from Lenovo, I have decided to do what someone else noted and order an ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 9.7" with a resolution of 2048x1536 and, 4GB RAM, 64GB memory with SD card capability. I needed something to load Dish Anywhere on so I could download movies and watch on the tablet while camping and camping season is almost here. Considered Samsung but they are hard to find except for the larger 10.1 screen but the resolution of that models sucks. And the smaller 9.7 is hard to find for a decent price.

Price at Amazon was $299 for silver, unless you are a pime member then you can also get a gray one for $299. (Not sure why the gray is only for prime members.)

It's really a shame, I really liked the design of the Tab 3, like the 10.1 inch size, but I just could not wait for Lenovo even to come forward and say a fix is guaranteed and on the way. I personally feel they are dropping support for this model and putting all their resources at the Tab 4.

I have the Lenovo Moto Z Force phone and find it has been fantastic, but I do believe Verizon exerts a lot of pressure on Lenovo for not only software updates, but also to build a good device. It appears if there is no major push by a large corporation, Lenovo doesn't care.

Again good luck to all.... 

(Who knows, maybe the ASUS will turn out to be a slap of junk and I'll have to return it and then I'll come back to see if Lenovo has gotten off their tush's to get this model fixed. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 250 of 320 (1,135 Views)

[ Edited ]

to MacJackos

Hi congrats to your new tablet that seems like a good  device, to me the only thing is the battery not as big as the yoga while you hear people come here to complane about they tablet you dont see people come here to post to say they are happy with they purchase...but im sure many people are happy with the yoga...

I am one of those  i really like the tablet the battery life is great 10 hours ...of course it is not perfect tablet  but i really enjoy it  .

Yes lenovo needs to fix a couple things and it would be even better,but  the main  thing was for me to get fixed is the sync issue because i watch alot of youtube before bedtime and now i can ,also what amazing is is the battery life i am always amaized when i pick up the tablet and find it to be still charged because of the big battery size ,and the turbo charger is also great charges very fast.

I understand that the update did not fix everybodys tablet and some people still has the sync issue i guess well thats unfortunat.

Anyhow enjoy your asus ! 

Top Kudoed Authors