Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theoko
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YT-X703F) random reboots

Hey all

I've had the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YT-X703F) for over 2 years and conveniently now that the warranty has expired I'm noting random restart behaviour. 

The problem:

• The tablet randomly restarts.  It could be in the middle of Netflix, or even randomly when it's sitting unused idly.  I can tell because the annoying Lenovo jingle plays upon restarting.  There isn't a particular set of actions that cause this.

The things I've tried:

• Running in safe mode.
  • Investigating the logs via ADB.  Nothing useful seems to get reported.
  • Wiping and re-installing the tablet with both the last Lenovo-released update as well as the latest update which came out a few weeks ago.
  • Installing one app at a time and testing.  It eventually randomly reboots with even a minimum set up.
  • Installing with a different user.
  • Ensuring it's in an environment when it cannot overheat.

The things I've researched:

• This problem has exhibited itself a month after the Lenovo charger that came with it died an unceremonious death under the hands of 'normal use'.  Since then I've fully charged with One Plus-supplied chargers as well as connecting directly with a PC.
  • I've found generally Android devices can have this problem.  The typical solution is one of the above that I've already tried.
  • I've noticed this appearing in the forums with other Yoga Tab 4 users.  The most conclusive solution I've found is a motherboard replacement which occurred under warranty.

Has anyone had this issue with the Yoga Tab 3 Plus?  I'm debating whether to buy and install a battery replacement to test this out (they don't come cheap!) or to just sell this on for parts.  I would prefer not to attempt to install another flavour of Android i.e. Lineage since I just don't have that kind of time to do it and I'm suspecting this is a hardware issue.

Dublin4
Blue Screen Again
Views: 525
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YT-X703F) random reboots

Hi,

I bought a yoga tab 3 , which had screen flickering from the begining brand new.

I returned it to Lenova and they returned it in the same condition un repaired. So i sent it back , they changed the display and motherboard ,they said and now i have the same problem as you with the update caught up in a continuous loop and restarting the tablet all of the time.

I contacted lenova again and they wanted to charge me for a repair that they caused becaused its out of warranty.

I have had nothing but trouble with this tablet since new. It was never dropped or mistreated and it was obviously a bad design, or a incompetent person who assembeled it to begin with.

I am going to report Lenova to the consumer Ombudsman because i am very unhappy about the whole situation and might start a community petition to the same, for similar unhappy miss treated consumers.

Regards

Shay

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 388
Message 3 of 4

Hi Dublin4! Welcome to our forums community. Would you be able to provide to us the case number and serial number via private message so we could check on that? Don't forget to include the link of this post as reference. Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mksmiffy
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 4 of 4

What level is your battery at when it randomly reboots ?

A faulty battery can cause this issue when this happened to my phone it would start at around 60% battery then if I launched anything like camera or heavyweight applications the random restarts would happen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors