Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tja
What's DOS?
Views: 4,720
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro 10, turns off suddenly, needs to be restarted each day

I have had this tablet for 2 weeks, and this issue occurs each day.

When turning on the unit when I get home from work, it works for a few minutes, then shuts the screen off. If I wait 10-15 seconds, I can turn on the screen, and while unlocking the screen with my pin, it shuts down again. This repeats itself, and I then need to restart the device to be able to use it for the rest of the day.

I have performed a factory reset, but without any improvement.

The tablet was updated to Android 5.1 at initial startup, so I am not sure if this is something caused by Android (and therefore may be corrected through future update) or a faulty unit.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Rayvandal
What's DOS?
Views: 4,163
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro 10, turns off suddenly, needs to be restarted each day

I also have the same issue - very frustrating when you are on Skype with your boss...

Craigb25
Paper Tape
Views: 4,142
Message 3 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro 10, turns off suddenly, needs to be restarted each day

I also get this option.  I was tempted to send the tablet back but it's obvious a software bug which if Lenovo pulled their fingers out could fix quite quickly.

The software bugs on the tablet is the downfall. My experience with Lenovo so far is tainted by this. Probably would not buy another one of their products!!!!!

pecon
Paper Tape
Views: 3,580
Message 4 of 8

Yup, exactly the same problem as you describe. Contacted Lenovo support and they also suggested the factory restore which did nothing. Now they say it's a hardware problem so it's boxed up and ready to be collected tomorrow. Not a happy camper.

pecon
Paper Tape
Views: 3,473
Message 5 of 8

Just got it back having been "repaired" and the problem is still there, switching off every couple of minutes. They want it back for repair again and refuse to replace it. What a company.!!. The moral is buy anything except Lenova.

cooki3Ddue
SCSI Port
Views: 3,422
Message 6 of 8

I'm waiting for mine to come back from being repaired and fully expect to have exactly the same problem, too. I made a point of telling them in advance that I believe the issues to be a design defect and that the tablet is not fit for purpose, so if it is still a problem after the "repair" I expect either a refund or replacement. They said this was duly noted Smiley Happy

Not sure about where you are, but in the UK all goods are protected by the Consumer Rights Act and if a product is found to be defective/cannot be repaired then you have a right to a refund or a replacement of equal or greater value. There is also a similar EU act which offers 2 years cover:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html
pecon
Paper Tape
Views: 3,417
Message 7 of 8

I'm living in Ireland so EU rules will apply. To add to the confusion my daughter baught it in Novemver in the UK as a Christmas gift and it was only activated on Christmas day and was reported as faulty in the first week of January but Lenovo said that unless the first fault was reported within 30 days of purchase they would not replace it. No account taken of the fact that it was not used for a couple of weeks or the fact that they shut down until the New Year. No good will shown here.

PabloGregori
Fanfold Paper
Views: 546
Message 8 of 8

Hi all, I have had the tablet with same problem for 3 years, but something bearable. Now it restarts every minute and I can't use it anymore. I restored to factory settings, but same problem. Should I give up? Or has anyone found a solution outside this forum? Thanks for reading!

Pablo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals