cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NatD15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,502
Message 1 of 16

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro: Battery drain Issues since last update!

Hello, everyone,

I'm running into alot of problems since the last update on my Tab 3 Pro.

Before the update, I was able to use the tablet for 10-13 hours straight. Now the battery goes from 100- 10% within 5-6 hours. All of that due to the "Android System" and "Android OS" processes. I've already tried to wipe all the data from the device, tried a full reset, nothing worked.

Did anyone run into the same problems and has anyone found a way to resolve this issue or should we just wait until Lenovo notices us?

aeklund1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,381
Message 2 of 16

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro: Battery drain Issues since last update!

I Deffinately wish I could roll back. Try disabling location services and virus utilities, Mcafee i think. Go into settings/apps remmove permissions for things to access wifi whenever they want. Lenovo weather was milking my battery too. Oh and the light sensor... turn off auto brightness. That was a pretty big one. Its using the camera to do it...

Battery still sucks though, i can't get more than 4100 mah into it. I thought it was a little odd that a 10,200 mah battery would charge in 2.3 hours at 1.8 amp rate... So I measured using a hardware ammeter. It sadly gave me numbers that matched the math I was doing and what the software was showing like accubattery and Gsam. 18 hours lol I'd be blown away with 8, projecting netflix I get 3.

HotMadDog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,334
Message 3 of 16

I have the same issue after update. Seems like the last system update don't recognize the second battery, is only charging the 4300 mah one, and the big one(6900 mah) is not recognized by the system. I do hope Lenovo will do something about this, it's quite embarrassing. They only have to roll back the system version. I use to get easily 20+ days of stand-by battery life-time with the old version.

Anyone from Lenovo out there?!?

Mika1050
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,282
Message 4 of 16

I also have the same problem. It almost drains 1% pr hour when not used. I have reseted it twice now, and i have also wiped the cache partition-Screenshot_20170714-184300.png with No luck. 

In the battery settings can i see that the tablet is active thus the Screen is off. I Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks. 

AlperCe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,051
Message 5 of 16

I have same issue

tbartz
Paper Tape
Views: 3,890
Message 6 of 16

I have the same problem, too.

AlperCe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,759
Message 7 of 16

No fox? No update?
please HEEEEEEEEELLLPPP!

HotMadDog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,738
Message 8 of 16

Now is getting worse.A few days ago, I charged the tablet to 100%, and used it for a couple of minutes. Tablet entered standby mode and get stuck. I tried a reboot but I only get that( see picture).Lenovocrash.jpg

I have to send it back in service now, but I am pretty upset about that. It's the 4th time...

I paid for a premium tablet but now I have to spend time and money to fix it.

And no one from Lenovo cares about that!

northspoon
Punch Card
Views: 3,692
Message 9 of 16

I seem to have the same problem. The Yoga Tab3 Pro charges in 2 hours (is that normal?) and using the app AIDA64 only shows the 4,000mah battery recognised by Android. I telephoned Lenovo Support and I was told to perform a factory reset. Seeing how many others have the same problem here, has anyone tried that with success?

Is there a better way to check battery status?

I mentioned this Forum issue to Lenovo, but they seemed to not know about it.

Screenshot.JPG

Julien4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,678
Message 10 of 16

To check the battery try the app Accubattery. Turing off ambient display in setting helped preserve my tablet when it is in standby mode.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors