Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 832 (111,854 Views)

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro and Android 6 update

Hí, I have a question about update for Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro. Know anyone when will be avaible update with new Android 6 (marshmallow)? Yoga tab 3 pro is about 5 months old device (since release) and stil doesn' t have update to newest Android? 

Thanks for your posts.

Community SuperMod
Message 2 of 832 (111,105 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro and Android 6 update

Good day and welcome to the community.

You may wish to bookmark: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht101396

This is where Android the roadmap is communicated.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1Carbon3 X1Tablet2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 832 (111,050 Views)

Thank you, but document (Android Upgrade Matrix) doesn´t include my model (Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro) and I search through all pages aboud android and lenovo device. Nowhere is information about update for Yoga Tab 3. But new tablet released on MWC have an android 6.

Token Ring
Message 4 of 832 (111,023 Views)

sabrin,

It's nice to point customers to the update matrix for Lenovo devices but when the Matrix for Tablets don't show if Android M is coming to any of your customers tablets then it is pointless sending customers there and so we customers have the same questions. What Android Tablets are slotted to recieve Android MM 6.0 update please, I'm not asking when but which devices.

Community SuperMod
Message 5 of 832 (111,002 Views)

MartinCZ wrote:

Thank you, but document (Android Upgrade Matrix) doesn´t include my model (Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro) and I search through all pages aboud android and lenovo device. Nowhere is information about update for Yoga Tab 3. But new tablet released on MWC have an android 6.

sheepybach wrote:

sabrin,

It's nice to point customers to the update matrix for Lenovo devices but when the Matrix for Tablets don't show if Android M is coming to any of your customers tablets then it is pointless sending customers there and so we customers have the same questions. What Android Tablets are slotted to recieve Android MM 6.0 update please, I'm not asking when but which devices.

Good day.

I don't work for Lenovo, nor do I speak for the company (none of the moderators do). The link I provided is the only information I have.

My recommendation is to check the page regularly as it seems to have been updated recently. If/when new info becomes available, that is the place to find it.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1Carbon3 X1Tablet2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Token Ring
Message 6 of 832 (110,926 Views)

sarbin,

I understand your position and I know what it's like being where you are. I was not having a go at you but Lenovo who know which of their devices that will be updated to MM 6.0 and that is what we're asking about as its only fair as the update matrix is now showing Phones that are getting MM 6.0.

Look Lenovo is not the only Company that keeps their customers in the dark about OS updates and IMHO before very much longer customers are going to say enough is enough and stop buying their products and this ploy of bringing out new devices with the updated OS is now wearing thin as customer no longer have that much spare cash to throw around.

These are my feelings and of others.

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 832 (110,915 Views)

And by the way, on MWC Lenovo presents new tablets with Android 6.

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 832 (110,879 Views)

Correct, there are other companies that have already checked not to play with the crowd (Customers) - that´s meanwhile a short game. After reading all the posts about th YT3pro,  I´ll send back my yoga tab3 pro because too many bugs and no clear word from Lenovo to update to the latest version (6.0) and to eliminate all the worst bugs or not ! Lenovo, that´s not the best way to treat  customers -  as simple money spenders. Times have changed and customers are comming of age. Just keep that in mind.

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 832 (110,808 Views)

My Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro doesn't have any problem. In last 3 months lenovo release 2-3 updates which repair issue with projector (software wheel for sharp).
So I'm satisfied with my device. Anyway, Android 6 has many new features and after 18. may Google release brand new android 7 (N) with double windows and others new features. How long I will wait for android 7 after android 6? They have new tablets with Android 6 so how is it possible that the device which is 5 months old, don´t have android 6 too?
Yoga tab 3 pro is my first device from Lenovo and really impressed me. So I wouldn't be disappointed.

Token Ring
Message 10 of 832 (110,792 Views)

"Lenovo’s three new Tab3 tablets, 
Tab3 7, Tab3 8 and Tab3 10 Business start at $99, $129 and $199
the Android tablets are going to run Android 6.0 right out of the box"

The above is from MWC 2016 unpacked by Lenovo, The prices from what I can make out are for Wi-Fi only but Lenovo are bringing out LTE versions of the 3 and again from what I can find out the 10 B you can have LTE and Wi-Fi.

All will have Android MM 6.0 so we know that your Dev Team have been playing around with MM 6.0 and as such WILL know which Tablets you are going to upgrade and at the end of the day that is what we your customers are asking for, Myself I'm not asking when or for any time line as I know these go out the window very easily.

On these new Tab's  announced at MWC 2016 IMHO you've taken a big step backwards by not having the stand like on the Tab 2 and 3, That is 1 of the main reasons I bought your Tabs.

Top kudoed Authors