Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
HDMI
Message 1 of 652 (28,582 Views)

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Pro: Serious memory issues (bug report)

If I enable 'developer options' (by clicking 7 times on 'Build number' under 'About Phone',  and go into Process Stats, I can see that the tablet is very frequently under 'Device memory critical'. If I click on the colored bar, it will take you into 'memory details', and I can see that the 'Kernel' is using 1.1 of Ram. If I compare it to my OnePlus One, which runs smooth as butter, the Kernel memory is only using 164mb of RAM. 

Another interesting memory detail is that the notification center is the biggest  memory hog, but even that doesn't seem too bad. 

The tablet, as reported by other users, shows a large amount of lag and slowdown, and it also aggressively kills apps constantly, which makes multitasking impossible. 

I've asked before, but what is the best way to report this bugs to developers? To me this is a serious issue and if there is no indication that anyone is working to fix it I would rather return the tablet soon. The specifications of the tablet should allow it to run without any issues, so my guess is that this is an OS software bug which could be fixed if given attention. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 652 (28,382 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Pro: Serious memory issues (bug report)

I have this same issue. I love the tablet and want to keep it. But the lag and bugs are making the tablet almost unusable at times. Please, please fix this. I already have friends who are quite impressed witht he tablet and would likely buy one. However I have to tell them about the software issues right now and have to tell them to hold off for that reason. I would really love to see this type of device succeed with it's excellent hardware and design. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 652 (28,360 Views)

I checked my Ram under the developer options and the kernel shows 1.1 Gb used as well.

Serial Port
Message 4 of 652 (28,338 Views)

I have the same issue. I use powerpoint on the tab 3 pro and it crashes when i go on presentation mode. Yoga tab 2 pro on the other hand handles it pretty well. 

Also, i noticed once the projector is turned on, performance is even worse. I try using autodesk sketchbook with the projector on and the device just crawls. With YT2Pro, no such issues. 

Hopefully a software update will fix this.

Punch Card
Message 5 of 652 (28,279 Views)

Hi there, 

here over 1GB of RAM usage as well. 

Performance is really annoying - hopefully this will be fixed in the next days!

No answer from lenovo-support until yet about knowing issues? :confused:

gtx, juergen

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 652 (28,271 Views)

Same here! I wish that I can post a screenshot. Over 1.2GB of RAM.

Punch Card
Message 7 of 652 (28,233 Views)

Same. 1.3GB. Shipped it with a debugging kernel, eh? Smiley Happy

Punch Card
Message 8 of 652 (28,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

SO DO I. I Am experiencing lags with chrome especially. Only 1gb free. Please lenovo help 😩

Update INFO

After I uselessly installed some apps to control the memory leaks such as memory booster I decided to perform a factory reset (switching off the device and then turning it on with the up volume button on). At the end of the appealing procedure the kernel memory (developer options) usage showed 897mb of ram used. After some settings fixes and an overall upgrade of all the apps provided by lenovo it indicated 1.0 Gb and not the 1.1gb value previously showed. Unfortunately, the restore of the tablet didn't allow me to start from a 5.0 lollypop android version. With my surprise The upgrade performed initially was no more down gradable. I'd preferred to install the Google memory leak app from Google play. Now the tablet seems to be more fluid than before and the Google chrome appeas to be more quick and reactive. 

I am wondering which should be the right value to read in kernel memory usage. Consider that on my Asus Nexus 7 I read a number below 120mb??!

I suggest you to perform a factory reset and to publish your outcomes in this thread. Let's Do not allow lenovo to get away so easily. A fix is urgently needed for a so expensive tablet.

Please write a support email it you have got. I'll use it to bring my complaints forward.

Let's stay tuned.

ove
Paper Tape
Message 9 of 652 (28,071 Views)

[ Edited ]

Bought the tablet yesterday, same problem, about 1,2GB used by kernel. Browsing etc seems to work fine for a while, but the tablet quickly runs out of memory and starts killing off background apps. I do hope we'll have some response or fix soon, it'd be a pity having to return the tablet, I really liked it otherwise.

HDMI
Message 10 of 652 (28,030 Views)

I've done a Factory Reset and the memoy usage seems about the same. It does seems snappier for a bit, but as soon as I start reinstalling some apps, and actually using it, it goes back to lagging. One thing that did make it slighly better was to disable the 'Smart Bar', but I'm not sure if it really helps or if it is my imagination. 

Top Kudoed Authors