Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 58 (29,455 Views)

MY Yoga 8 - 3G (B6000 - 3G and WIFI) is not booting. :(

Help Guys!!

My New Yoga 8 cutie is not booting up, it just freezes at the LENOVO screen and doesnt load to my android home screen.

I am able to get into recovery mode, but it gives an error of  "no command or something like that",

It's about two weeks old, any help will be appreciated, Lenovo Gurus !! SOS...

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 58 (29,267 Views)

Re: MY Yoga 8 - 3G (B6000 - 3G and WIFI) is not booting. :(

same thing happened me and other users on here. so it must be a known fault

i sent mine for repair only for it to come back and do same thing a week later , once again sent for repair i really rather a new one at this stage, i like the tablet but its very frustrating it doing this after very little use

Serial Port
Message 3 of 58 (29,252 Views)

The same in mine yoga 10 3G. Only Lenovo logo and no boot to os. I come to shop where I purchased it and get service repair, but I wanted to exchange it, becasue tablet is 1 month old. Its impossible to exchange because of laws in EU. But, I purchased product from Lenovo because of good brand name? Smiley Tongue and it is not so low cost product, so I expected more reliable and quality product from Lenovo brand. I want from service to repair it till 7 days, not 30days.
For users, Lenovo can provide some factory flashing image file to support this situations, because users can connect tablet to pc and flash it in that no booting cases... Less work for service centers and more happy customers...

And of course, Im waiting for Kitkat on Yoga 10 !!! if no, Lenovo, than no Lenovo tablet and smartphone for years!!!
Former Employee
Message 4 of 58 (29,240 Views)

Hi all,

thanks for posting and to those that have just registered I'd like to welcome you to the community. I was reading through this thread and would like to extended my sympathy on the troubles you faced with your device. At lenovo we do take great care in releasing our product and to hear this happening, I'd like to assist you as best as I can.

As I understand it most of you have just recently purchased a machine. Now based from what's been posted it appears to me that this could be related to the Hardware inside the device but let confirm first though.

Firstly, I'd like to know if there was anything that you had installed or did any system updates prior to the issues happening?

At the time the issue happened was the device Plugged in or running on battery?

One suggestion I would like everyone to try is make sure that your machine is complete shutdown mode. Then press and hold hold the volume + rokker and the press and hold the power button. Hold it for 10 secs. By this time do see the recovery mode coming up. If it does does you should get the option of restoring your table to placing the tablet back to factory settings.

DO let me know how it goes.

Regards 

Serial Port
Message 5 of 58 (29,233 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank You for your query. 

I had it fully charged and then used it on my trip (train,...) then that day evening it has on 89% charge, I powered it off successfully, no problem. Next morning It stopped at Lenovo logo and nothing else. I tried power cicle more times, no luck, so tried recovery as You mentioned, did facrory reset, no success. 

I had latest firmware installed (072?) and some apps, but no new apps or updates recently before issue. 

It was running on battery charge, no plugged in. 

PS: Flashing image file from Lenovo is highly appreciated...

EDIT:

In that morning, tablet was little warm in the middle of battery or above, I had little warm backpack... 

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 58 (29,210 Views)

i had updated my OS, i got a notification that a software update was available which i updated (this was about 3-5 days before it stopped loading).

the last software i remembered installing was an app called mobogenie, the norton anitivirus did scan the app and it was found to be safe.

i have tried powering down and powering up while holding both volume keys, i get three options namely - recovery, fastboot and normal boot.

recovery takes me to a place that just shows - no command.

fastboot does nothing

normal boot takes me to a black background and white lenovo letters and it stays that way without starting up.....

Your help will be really appreciated

Former Employee
Message 7 of 58 (29,420 Views)

Hi all,

thanks for posting. At this Point i would suggest you to send your device in to our service teams. if resetting the System for recovery does not work, I believe there may be something bigger that is causing the issue. I wish there was more that i could suggest but as it appears this is the only solution left that is possible.

Regards
Serial Port
Message 8 of 58 (29,170 Views)

Thank You, NINE,
I had allready been at service center point, so yoga is there...
What you can do, is inform Lenovo about little better android support for tablets, factory image file for flashing - thats all, what I want from you Smiley Happy Nice day (or night) Smiley Tongue
Former Employee
Message 9 of 58 (29,157 Views)

Hi korenisko,

Thanks for your post and suggestion. I will certain bring this up to the teams. If and when this will be implemened is actually beyond my control but none the less I will make the suggestion.

Thank you for the contributions.

Regards
Community Moderator
Message 10 of 58 (28,837 Views)

Top kudoed Authors