Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-24-2018

Israel

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

Micro usb for lenovo yoga book?

2018-09-24, 18:39 PM

Hi everyone. Im a student, using the yoga book in class all the time and loving it.

The only problem is sometimes I need to transfer some files from the tablet to another phone / computer (and vice versa), most of them cannot be uploaded to google drive or send by mail.

I came across a USB drive with micro usb and the standard usb, so it can fit both the yoga book and another device. Do you think this is a good solution? Is there a software I need to make sure I have before purchasing the USB so ill be able to transfer the files? (Just to clarify, the yoga book supports a micro usb)

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Micro usb for lenovo yoga book?

2018-10-05, 10:53 AM

I have two Sandisk USB drives like this and they work just fine for the Yoga Book - the only thing you might want to bear in mind is that because they are quite thick their bottom side will be lower than the bottom of the Yoga Book. This is an issue that bothers some Book users about some usb connectors when using them on a flat surface. It doesn't bother me.

It might be worth buying an OTG usb adaptor (Female full size at one end, male micro at the other). They are cheap and worth having just in case anyway.

I use a Windows Yoga Book so I don't need extra software -  with Android you may need something, unless Lenovo put a better file manager than the stock Android on the Yoga Book. (The android stock file manager doesn't like external drives I think.) Total Commander may be suitable (and is free) but others may have better suggestions. The only other issue to consider is what file system drives are formatted with - it's an Android issue rather than a device one. Fat32 should be fine and is probably what they will have by default, NTFS may be a problem.

There is a section on this forum specifically for the Android Yoga Book - you may get better information by posting there.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms