Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-24-2021

India

17 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

No Android update for qualified device

2021-11-25, 10:53 AM

Hello,

I got a Yoga Smart Tab from the UAE. It's a YT-X705X. If has qualified update for Android 10 though hasn't received yet. It's still running Android 9. How to force update to Android 10?

Should I reset the device?

Region: INDIA

P. S. I talked a lot with the Lenovo India WhatsApp, but the guy was not at all attentive, replies came after 2 days and no answer was given.

Please help

Options

5614 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

410 Signins

40292 Page Views

• Views: 40292
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:No Android update for qualified device

2021-11-25, 13:07 PM

Hello @ ItzSreerag !

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Upon checking through the Lenovo Android Upgrade Matrix which has been modified last 11/24/2021, it also says in there that "Upgrade Release Dates are provided for guidance only. Actual release dates are dependent upon software testing and could be later or earlier.".

However, you may still check for updates on your Yoga Smart Tab by following the steps found on this link.

Make sure to back up your files still to avoid data loss.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

3 Posts

07-24-2021

India

17 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-11-28, 15:35 PM

I hate this! Tried connecting to the Software. It doesn't detect the device at all. It tells me "New device connected. Turn on USB debugging before connecting USB"  P.S. : Windows detects and I am able to copy data

Tried that a lot, then I resetted my device. Still no update. And the LRSA software, so much buggy can't even download the firmware. Summary: Tried everything, no solution...

I had downloaded the firmware yesterday from the LRSA. Can I copy it to my SD and apply the update from device's Android recovery? If that would solve the problem.

My device is stuck at Android9 and a security update from 5 December 2020. 2020!!?

PLEASE HELP URGENT. IT'S A MATTER OF SECURITY. I DON'T GET WHAT I PAID FOR!

Options

5614 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

410 Signins

40292 Page Views

• Views: 40292
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-11-30, 22:04 PM

Thanks for responding @ ItzSreerag !

Usually, the device needs to be plugged directly into the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool in order to either re-flash the Android OS (if it's experiencing performance issues) or if the user will be updating it to the latest version (if available).

You may also click on this link to watch an instructional video in connecting your Yoga Smart Tab through the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool.

As for the security update, it is also indicated in the Lenovo Android Upgrade Matrix (modified as of 11/26/2021) that "*Lenovo tablets get updates for security issues documented in Android Security bulletin.".

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms