Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 53 (2,425 Views)

Smart side bar (I think that's what it was called) disappeared! Yoga Tab 3 10 Plus

[ Edited ]

Hi all, this is my first post, and also first issue with the tablet.

Earlier today, without warning, my tablet went through a system update of some kind and when it finished, I noticed that the Smart Side Bar is missing. I think that was the name, it showed the tablet 'modes', as well as screen brightness and volume adjustment. Not just not working, completely missing. Not in settings, not in the settings search, nothing. Has someone else experienced this? I now can't change screen modes, along with easy access to screen brightness, volume and casting options.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've done a factory reset but still no luck. It's already a pain that I have to reinstall my apps, but to lose such a significant feature is very disappointing!

Cheers. 

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 53 (2,220 Views)

Re: Smart side bar (I think that's what it was called) disappeared! Yoga Tab 3 10 Plus

Same here. The Settings option to activate it has also disappeared.

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 53 (1,667 Views)

Re: Smart side bar (I think that's what it was called) disappeared! Yoga Tab 3 10 Plus

Same problem here...

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 4 of 53 (2,305 Views)

Sorry for my bad English.
I miss this feature too.
I used it a lot, but like you said past an update it was gone and I can't find it any more.
I'm really sad Smiley Sad
Hope they fix it quickly.
Punch Card
Message 5 of 53 (2,285 Views)

I cant update, I get an Status 7 error.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 53 (2,271 Views)

Mine is the same since today's update. I can get into the sound modes to set the levels for each by launching the Dolby atmos app but can no longer find a way to switch between them.

There have been times I've found the side bar annoying if I was trying to touch the far right but the convenience out weighed that. The volume buttons have always been stiff and if it's standing and you try to use those the whole tablet shifts.

I'm very disappointed too 😢

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 53 (2,256 Views)

I have had the same issue after the recent update.

I use the reading mode extensivley on my tablet Smiley Sad

If the sidebar is being removed atleat let us have the reading mode selectable by application like Samsung tablets

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 53 (2,239 Views)

Hi guys,

The smart side bar is missing......i think for compatibility with some applications.....sometimes i could not close the application  because i open ed the bar.

Screen brightness menù is in Audio settings!!!!

Audio notifications=>profile=>You Can set film,music,game, custom 1 and custom 2(but i don't know how customize)

The display change.......bye (i think)

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 53 (2,178 Views)

Updated on 26th,same thing has happened to my "Yoga Tab 3 10 Plus" and I use this handy quick feature every day.

Haven`t noticed any other features gone yet but this one I really liked.

Paper Tape
Message 10 of 53 (2,071 Views)

My tablet did the update today and I have exactly the same problem. The update fixed some bugs but the disappearance of the smart screen was the worst part. Please Lenovo bring it back. It was a very nice feature. And I can see also that the battery drops more quickly than before.

Top kudoed Authors