Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-27-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 11

Wifi Connection Problems

2019-10-27, 1:47 AM

My Yoga 3 Tablet has been acting strange with the WiFi. 

My Tablet has been working fine with the WiFi before, it’s my home WiFi. However when I woke up, the tablet disconnected from the WiFi but had it saved. When I tried connecting, It would either just say saved again or say that the WiFi had a connection error.

However, other devices are working under the same router and WiFi. It can connect to free WiFi’s and my School WiFi. 

I tried forgetting the network, reentering password ((which it’s the correct password, I checked )), Resetting Network, resetting device altogether, disabling McAfee Security via WiFi, etc. Nothings working. 

Any suggestions? 

Options

1 Posts

11-05-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Wifi Connection Problems

2019-11-05, 7:47 AM
Today I had to change the IP on my G7 phone set to static to connect the wifi
Options

4468 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

357 Signins

34052 Page Views

• Views: 34052
  • Message 3 of 11

Re: Wifi Connection Problems

2019-11-21, 14:55 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums !

Glad to have you here.

Would just like to get additional details from you for this to be sorted out properly:

• Have you already tried connecting the tablet to a different WiFi network/connection?
  • Are there any available updates on your device?

This issue can happen due to these reasons:

• WiFi/Network password has been changed
  • WiFi/Network already reached the number of devices (limit) that can connect to it due to router settings
  • Device's MAC ID might have been blocked/disabled by router

One of the steps that can be done here is to change your WiFi password to see if it will work.

You can also contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check if there are any outage(s) on their service or to check the connection settings.

Update us on how it will go through.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

1 Posts

04-28-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 11

Re:Wifi Connection Problems

2020-04-28, 0:53 AM

I have the very same problem with my 6 month old T490.  It is only my home wifi that doesn't work.  I can go to my kids school, workplace, customers, coffee shop, etc. without issue.  I have more than 10 other devices on my home wifi- no problems.

I have worked with my company tech support, my internet service provider tech support, changed router name and password, reinstalled and updated drivers, confirmed no limits on the device numbers on my network, or issues with MAC ID.

Is this hardware issue?  I am lost.  Thank you.

Options

1 Posts

05-03-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 11

2020-05-03, 5:10 AM

Tablet was working fine and then suddenly no connection.

I can tether from my Galaxy 10 and that is about it.

I have tried everything from resetting the router (dont know why as everything else connected to the router works fine); have updated (which it did 3 times), I have reset, tuned off. Still nothing. 

It can see the wifi connection but just connect.

Options

1 Posts

09-30-2020

Peru

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2020-09-30, 23:29 PM

Have you solve it?
With my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, in my house internet connection I have no access. But if I share internet with my phone, it works.

I thought it could be a virus, so I reset the tab.... WRONG!!! ERROR!!! now, is useless for me. I won't use my phone internet data to donwload all programs :'(
I need a solution

Options

1 Posts

01-19-2021

France

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 11

2021-01-19, 18:04 PM

Hi,

I have the same kind of issue.

My Tablet Yoga YT-X705F was working good till last saturday. On sunday, after an (unexpected) update during the night, I didn't have Wifi anymore. I think that the issue is highly relationated with this update.  

All the others equipments are well connected and I don't have any kind of limits of connexion devices. The message in french is "echec de l'enregistrement reseau" the translation is "network registration failed".

I also could never connect the tablet with bluetooth (with earphones). It may be for the MAC ID ? 

It seems that I'm not the only one to face this problem.

Please, find a quick solution. I use to use my tablet for my job and I can't support that issue for a long time.

Thank you in advance,

best regards,

Julien

Options

1 Posts

01-23-2021

Germany

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-01-23, 22:25 PM

I have the same problem here with two Lenovo YT-X570F tablets. Both  tablets cannot connect to my WIFI home and business. I resetted the tablet, then both connections worked. One week later i cannot connect to the same WIFI which did not change anything. If i open a hotspot on my phone it works. I´m quite sure if i reset the tablet it will work again - for another week or so. Any suggestions? Otherwise i have to send the tablets back to Amazon. Actually one tablet is working, the other not. 

Options

2 Posts

01-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 9 of 11

2021-01-24, 3:09 AM

Same problem here. After the update, I noticed some minor problems and one big : I cannot connect my tablet (Lenovo YT-X705F) to the wifi anymore ! I called the customer service but they were not able to do much and I'm still waiting for them to call me back.

Hope to have this fixed quicky !

Options

2 Posts

03-17-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 10 of 11

2021-03-17, 11:30 AM

ME TOO!!!!  7 months old yoga smart tab YT X705F

Not sure whether it was linked to the android 10 update but a month or so ago the wifi dropped occasionally throughout the day but now it is very frequent - cannot tell when but several times a session so you cannot rely on it - plus kept getting message about outlook but I don't use that anyway so I disabled that.  

It also use to seize up when browsing on google and only way out was to rotate the device.

Cannot seem to access new wifi drivers or diagnostic tools.  troubleshoot guide seems to suggest data backup and factory reset - but then it will be out of date and what's to stop it happening again?

It's a pain!!!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms