02-23-2014 08:19 AM
4 questions regarding Yoga 10 home screen icons:
1. How do i remove pre-installed home screen icons which i do not want to use but which i do not want to uninstall ? Can i uninstall these pre-installed icons/apps anyway or are they part of the OS ?
2. I'm new to what i think are called 'widgets'. My Yoga 10's 1st home screen has an acuweather widget i would like to replace. Where do i get widgets for android 4.2 from ? They seem different to me from apps i download via the play store and which usually install as an app icon on the home screen not a widget - some advice for newbie to this topic welcome.
3. What is the homescreen preinstalled app icon called 'Drive' ?
4. In the scrolling tray - top right of the screen - what is 'timeout' controling ? I don;t understand how it differs from the sleep settings in the OS settings menu ?
Thanks for yet more help from you folks....
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-23-2014 11:12 PM - edited 02-23-2014 11:14 PM
1. Assuming the Yoga 10 has the same launcher as other Lenovo tablets (I don't have one myself), press and hold one of the icons on the home screen. Red X's should appear by all the icons. Press the X's of the ones you want to get rid of. It won't uninstall the apps, but remove the icons from the homescreen. You can't really uninstall pre-installed apps, but you can disable them in Settings->Apps (swipe right until you find the "All" tab).
2. There are lots of widgets in the Play Store. Some are part of an app, some are just the widget.
3. Again I don't have a Yoga 10, but I'm guessing it's Google Drive (Google's cloud storage app).
4. Don't know
03-06-2014 08:06 AM
ANY ANSWERS TO THIS PLEASE:
In the home-screen / scrolling tray - top right of the screen - what is 'timeout' controling ? I don;t understand how it differs from the sleep settings in the OS settings menu ?