Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 1 of 13 (28,612 Views)

Yoga 2 Pro won't turn on

[ Edited ]
I have had my Yoga 2 Pro for less than a week and last night I charged the tablet over night. I just unplugged the tablet and attempted to turn it on, nothing happens. I tried holding the power button down longer and I tried holding the volume down key at the same time as the power and nothing happened. One thing that may be note worth is that the ring around the power button is illuminated. As I mentioned above, the tablet had been charging in the Lenovo sleeve immediately prior to this issue. How can I turn this tablet on?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 2 of 13 (28,630 Views)

Re: Yoga 2 Pro won't turn on

I found a thread for the Yoga 10HD+ That suggested holding the power button down for 64 seconds. That worked and I'm back on.
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13 (27,153 Views)

I held the power button off x 90 seconds and it rebooted.  Thanks for the help!

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 13 (21,515 Views)

I had the same problem....but holding the power button for 90 seconds didnt work. What i did is open the stand then press the power button.
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13 (19,983 Views)

I turned mine on. Said it didn't close properly and gave me the option to restart, continue or troubleshoot. I picked troubleshoot then <reset (I haven't used it much at all... except to set up my sign in, so no biggie.) It did the whole percentage thing and since I was about to pick up food for my workers(I did all of this while in the drive thru at Chic - fit - a [not my choice]) so I let it do its thing while I paid and got food. I looked down after paying and it was at like 45%  so far so good. I then make the treacherous route to the highway. When safely in the fast lane I look down at passenger seat('15 yukon xl... so Lotta room) and the **bleep** screen is black. No biggie, a tap will get it going. No - go. I have since pressed the power button while plugged in, unplugged, held for ~64 secs, held for 1 1/2 mins, pressed power and volume -, nothing is getting this thing to turn on! When it's plugged in, the ring around the power button slowly flashes (ie glows for roughly a sec, dark for roughly.a sec). Any ideas? I'm getting pissed at this thing. Had to send it Geek squad. They couldn't replicate problem I had so they certainly to the conclusion  I was having trouble cuz i was charging with my keyboard micro usb (**bleep**? The keyboard cord doesn't even charge it! I'm sure a regular cell phone micro usb will.do the trick as long as block.is the original or same specs.). I have 8 mo the left on my ext. Geek squad warranty (ONLY TIME I'VE EVER BOUGHT IT! Kicker is they won't exchange one. Only fix the lemon you are stuck with.) Any.help.would.be appreciated. Sorry for typos. On a phone, in a hurry, pissed off, and auto correct makes my smart phone look like it belongs on a short bus in a helmet. 

Thanks again

-E

P.s. I even hooked it to my Mac. Still napa. Mac doesn't charge it, so I don't even get the charge light!  Ha. 

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13 (19,968 Views)

I tried to press the power on about 2 minutes, there is no response. There is also no light on even plug on. I unplug the power and saw the light flash. then I plug on power again. It now work.

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 13 (19,962 Views)

I'll try it.
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13 (18,592 Views)

My Yoga 2 shuts down of its own accord and remains dead for 72 hours. Only after three days will it turn back on. Ideas?

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13 (17,561 Views)

I have found with my Yoga it was not the tab but the power supply. It seems that the power supply went it's the mode when the device is connected to is charged 100% and it stops supplying power. When connected to the tab it looks like it's charging cause the power ring does blink however it was not getting any charge. I disconnected the power supply from the wall and plugged it back on and it started to charge my tab again. I was down about a week until I unplugged the charger...
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13 (17,560 Views)

See my post below... Try unplugging the power supply from the wall then plug it back in. It's prob frozen in the power save mode to prevent from burning out the battery of the device it's connected to.
Top kudoed Authors