Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishbone
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,910
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 8 (B6000-F) Daydream Broken

I suppose this is the place for the new Yoga Android tablets...

In Daydream, which I use when the tablet is propped up next to the PC while working, it seems impossible to select which photos to display. It quickly shows a spinner and then a blank page with nothing to pick - while it should show a selection of local and Google+ photo albums.

I have updated to the latest build B6000_A422_000_040...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,867
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 8 (B6000-F) Daydream Broken

Hi fishbone,

When an APP isn't working I would suggest contact the developer, so he can find a fix.

Kind regards
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

fishbone
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,857
Message 3 of 5

Tag Andreas - 

Well... Daydream (with the photo modules) is a native Android feature. If it doesn't work it's the problem of the manufacturer, i.e. Lenovo. I wished I knew how to contact Lenovo so they can fix issues...

However, I identified the issue in the meantime... Android 4.3, which runs on all my other devices (released in July 2013, several months before the Yoga 8 hit the streets) updated the Daydream photo modules with what I am looking for. Let's hope Lenovo roll out 4.3 swiftly for their brand new tablets.

Cheers.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,847
Message 4 of 5

Hi fishbone,

I can't find this APP in my factory installed APPS.

I found Daydream only in the playstore. So its not native by manyfacturer, that's why I gave my suggestion.

I have heard that every customer is eglibel to a free update to 4.4. :-)

Kind regards
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

fishbone
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,838
Message 5 of 5

Daydream is a native Android feature from 4.2+ on. Whatever you found in Play are probably plugins for it.

On 4.2+ you get to it in Settings > Display > Daydream. It's particularly great on 4.3+ where it can access your Google+ albums etc.

Let's hope they don't take too long for 4.4. I'd be happy just with 4.3 (multi-user and above enhancements)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors