Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

Hungary

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga Smart Tab display wake-up problem

2021-06-02, 7:32 AM
Waking up a display by tapping does not work well.
The display is black, does not respond to anything, the tap function is unusable.
It only helps if I hold down the power button for 10 seconds, the tablet will restart. 

I don’t understand how such a mistake can be made.
Options

4539 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

360 Signins

34417 Page Views

• Views: 34417
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Yoga Smart Tab display wake-up problem

2021-06-02, 12:59 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ Tomas1980!

Thanks for posting here!

Just to ask, does the Yoga Smart Tab's display (touch screen) responds properly when you're using it to tap for apps or any activities?

Also, does the tap to wake feature works fine again after restarting the Yoga Smart Tab?

And are you using any screen protectors for your Yoga Smart Tab as well?

Check first if there's an available update to the Yoga Smart Tab and download/install it then see if it'll sort out the issue.

You may click on this link to see the steps on how you can search for updates.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

Hungary

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-06-02, 16:16 PM
The touch display works perfectly during operation, there is no problem if the display is unlocked, no operational problem.
The screen saver is turned off, and there is no screen protector.
When the display goes to sleep mode, it doesn't respond to a double tap, the display stays black and in that case it doesn't respond to the power button, only the restart helps.
It happens randomly, several times a day.

It has the latest software, no new ones.

I turned off the double tap display wake-up mode, looks like there is no such problem right now, so I think there is a problem with double tapping. I don’t really understand why this is, making such a mistake is very outrageous, and I can’t even prove it because it’s so random.

Options

4539 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

360 Signins

34417 Page Views

• Views: 34417
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-06-02, 16:57 PM

@ Tomas1980 wrote:

The touch display works perfectly during operation, there is no problem if the display is unlocked, no operational problem.
The screen saver is turned off, and there is no screen protector.
When the display goes to sleep mode, it doesn' respond to a double tap, the display stays black and in that case it doesn' respond to the power button, only the restart helps.
It happens randomly, several times a day.

It has the latest software, no new ones.

I turned off the double tap display wake-up mode, looks like there is no such problem right now, so I think there is a problem with double tapping. I don’t really understand why this is, making such a mistake is very outrageous, and I can’t even prove it because it’s so random.

Thanks for responding @ Tomas1980!

You may try downloading any third party apps from the Google Play store that will allow you to wake or lock the screen by tapping for now so that you can continue using the device without needing to restart the Yoga Smart Tab and observe as well if the issue will still occur since it randomly happens as of the moment.

Check the apps' reviews first to see if it'll properly work with the device.

Should the issue happens more often than now while using the default tap to wake/lock feature of the Yoga Smart Tab, you may proceed in performing a factory reset to the Yoga Smart Tab then test its functionality again to see if it will sort out the issue.

Make sure to backup the files that you have first to avoid data loss.

Please click on this link to see the steps on how factory reset can be done on your Yoga Smart Tab.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

Hungary

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-06-02, 17:12 PM

The question is why you do this with the factory setting. Hardware error? Software error? Touch display problem?
Why is there so much trouble with these double-tap display wake-up all the time? 

Factory reset will not help with this.

I don’t think they have any idea what the cause of the error is, but at least try another tablet. Does anyone else have this problem?

Options

1 Posts

07-13-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-07-13, 20:00 PM

I too am facing the same problem, and yes it does happen randomly. It's been barely 2 weeks or so since I started using my new tab. But it just doesn't respond to double tapping most of the time. Pressing the power button does work. But since I keep rotating and using the tab, depending on how I am seated, figuring out where the power button is located does get irritating.

What is the solution to this??

Options

1 Posts

08-30-2018

India

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 7 of 8

2021-07-31, 13:52 PM

Even I am also having the same problem. And it's barely 2 weeks since I bought a 

Lenovo Smart Tab M10 FHD Plus Specifications:

Product Number : ZA6S0003IN
Model : Lenovo TB-X606V

I set it up to wake up on a double tap, but it's so erratic in it's functioning, it's irritating.

If the feature is not there, that we can still live with, but when it's there, and it's not consistent, it's irritating.

If I lock and immediately try the double tap, more often than not, it works. But when left for a time, and when it goes to sleep and I try to wake it up, it doesn't, and I have to use the power button. I don't have to restart it, though.

Now, if you ask me to do a factory reset, for every other thing, that's idiotic. What percentage of your users would be able to do that, while ensuring that their data and settings are not lost. And how much time will it take to again set up the Phone like it was before. Who has that kind of time.

Why don't you make products, and software that WORK! And are Reliable, have some Consistency. And why don't you Test your Products and Software before releasing them to Overwhelm us???

And if we come to you, you keep giving a list of things to do like Factory Reset, like we have no better thing to do!!

Options

4 Posts

06-02-2021

Hungary

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-08-01, 7:22 AM

The trouble is, they have no idea how to solve the problem.

They didn't even read what we wrote. It is clear that the problem is continuous, not a one-time event. Each time a factory reset is meaningless.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms