04-17-2019

CA

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 1 of 13

Yoga Tab 3 -8 intermintent operation

2019-12-15, 1:18 AM

I have a yoga tab 3-8 made in 2015. It has been running like a charm until about 3 months ago. It started slowing down due to tons of apps that were running but never used anymore. I did a factory reset, installed only what would be used. Last week it was on the table, the screen start going on and off showing the Lenovo Logo like it was rebooting, and vibrate at the same time. I tried to shut it down with the power button but that would not work. I left it untill the battery was empty, recharged it and turn it on. It worked for a couple of hours and the screen would start on/off again with the lenovo logo and the vibrator would accompany it. After a few minute the tablet would act normal, a few hours later it would start over again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks 

Paul

Solved! See the solution
Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Yoga Tab 3 -8 intermintent operation

2019-12-16, 13:00 PM

Hi jpaulb!

Nice to have you here.

Would just like to get additional details from you for this to be sorted out properly:

• Does this also happens when the Yoga Tab 3 8 is plugged to its charger?
  • Does the tablet also restarts when it reached a specific battery percentage?

One step that can be done here is to check if there's an available OS update for your device.

You can check out this link to see the methods and steps on how it can be updated.

Update us on how it will go through, will be waiting for your response.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

12 Posts

04-17-2019

CA

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Message 3 of 13

2019-12-16, 21:34 PM

I made sure the Tab 3 was fully charged. pushed the power button to turn it on, the Lenovo logo appeared imediatley stayed on screen for about 10 seconds then the screen went black and the noticication vibration started and ran for about the same time. The lenovo logo appeared and the process repeated itself over and over.

This link may explain it better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfhcuw14n367e1e/MOV_20191216_1402343.mp4?dl=0

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2019-12-17, 18:24 PM

Hi !

Thanks for the response.

Based on the clip (video) that you have provided, it would be recommended to try resetting the device's firmware.

Please download the Lenovo MOTO Smart Assistant tool on your PC/laptop and reset it from there.

Once downloaded, the steps on how it can be reset can be found on this link.

Should you get the same result after performing that step, you may use this other link to see the list of repair centers on where you can bring the device for it to be checked/inspected/repaired as this may seem to be a possible hardware failure with the device.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

12 Posts

04-17-2019

CA

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2019-12-18, 20:02 PM

I installed the LMSA; but couldn't get the Tab 3 to start, it just vibrates every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds. Tried power button and volume up, volume down, volune in the middle. Did manage to get a cute penguin once or twice. A menu popped up a couple of time but dissappeared before I could select anything. 

The lenovo website claims that Staples has authorized service, wonder if it is worth getting it serviced, The Tab was made in july 2015 and new one on special for about 150$.

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2019-12-19, 16:39 PM

Hello !

Thanks for the response.

You may bring the device to Staples since they're one of our authorized partners when it comes to repairing Lenovo devices.

It would be recommended to call/contact them first to inquire about their repair policy.

Please also click on this link to see the repair centers/options in your area as this may seem to be a possible hardware failure with the device.

Regards.

Options

12 Posts

04-17-2019

CA

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2019-12-19, 23:15 PM

Thanks. There is a Staples about 10 km from us, heading there tomorrow.

That Tab 3 is my wifes, when it started acting up I ordered a new one for her which came today. If I can get the old one repaired at a reasonable price, I'll have one all for me. :)

Off topic: Is Lenovo going to continue the tablet line? There selection seems to be getting smaller every month.

Thanks

Paul

Options

12 Posts

04-17-2019

CA

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2019-12-21, 19:48 PM

Took the tablet to Staples yesterday. should know some time in January if it is a brick. If it is I buy a new one. It may not be the fastest; but it does get a A+ for style.

Options

12 Posts

04-17-2019

CA

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2020-01-28, 20:41 PM

Staples returned the Yoga Tab 3 today with a message too old buy a new one.

Is there any way to do a reset. I saw a discription that there was a reset pin under the flap that covers the sd card push it and the system is reset.. doesn't have one that I could find

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2020-01-29, 16:11 PM

Hello jpaulb!

Thanks for the response!

By the way, are you still seeing the charging/battery icon when you plugged the tablet into its adapter?

If yes, try to charge it overnight or like 12 hours then try pressing both the Power and Volume UP buttons until you're able to see the recovery mode.

Once in recovery mode, look for "wipe data/factory reset" option. Navigate using the Volume keys and confirm the action using Power button.

After selecting it, select "Yes, delete all user data" and choose "reboot system now" using the Power button to complete the process.

If the tablet still won't work after that step, you may try to look for other repair/service centers near your area aside from Staples for it to be checked.

Update us how it will go through.

Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save