Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dskmusic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,087
Message 71 of 77

Re: Yoga Tab 3 Pro 4300 MAH battery!?!

Well, after more than a month, I have my tab in my hands again.

I send it to RMA on 11-26-2017, and received on 3-1-2018...

I hope to explain well, english is not my native language Smiley Wink

I have some bad news...

They change the 2 batteries, and the control pbc that manage energy.

Then, install Android 6 (without april update).

I start the tab, and again, only 4.300mah is showing.

They told me all capacity (10.200mah) are in use, due the pbc energy manager switch correctly into both batteries.

Recapitulating:

- Replaced 2 batteries and pbc energy control
- Install first Android 6 update (no april update, so this update is not the problem)
- Battery capacity continue showing as 4.300mah
- Results: I charge the unit at 100%. and with normal use (only wifi and brightness less than 50%), only 5 hours of screen.
- Conclusion: Android 6 on this tab is eating the 10.200mah battery :/

(I send a pic of the batteries replacement)

northspoon
Punch Card
Views: 1,057
Message 72 of 77

Thank you for the information update. I was waiting to see if you had success before I sent my tablet for repair. Seems like I would be wasting my time getting it done. Bad news Smiley Sad

dskmusic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,052
Message 73 of 77

I think it would be a great waste of time.. :/

Highlighted
Eulcedes
What's DOS?
Views: 1,042
Message 74 of 77

I contacted Lenovo on facebook about this since they don't seem to actively monitor their own community threads..

Person i spoke with basically washed his hands, and said put it into servicing.

There doesn't seem to be ANY ownership or responsibility on the dev side for resolving their own messup. 

i'm very bitter on this, and will be actively warning others on buying lenovo products.

GOR1981
Fanfold Paper
Views: 681
Message 75 of 77

I have a problem with the Yoga tab 3 pro.mine is 2gb version. after update it stopped charging and detecting the battery. i did some search on the net and wanted to try to fix it myself. to keep it short i opened it myself. this model has 2 batteries inside. one is inside the tablet the other one is like the old models inside the turning stand. inside the turning stand there are 2 batteries like the ones used in electronic cigarettes and laptop batteries. the other one inside the tablet its like a normal phone battery a flat one. that one has a capacity of 4100mha. the other 2 cells inside the stand is 6200mha so all together make like 6200mha. I think only the 4100 one is recognized as a main battery. because when i disconnected that one the tablet was still working without any power connected. i think since that one is the main battery somehow its shows the capacity of only that one. i hope this answers your question.
Kest
Fanfold Paper
Views: 490
Message 76 of 77

Hello,

I just found out the reason for showing 4300mAh battery instead of 8500mAh. The same must be for yours too.

I talked to a technician. He told me that there are two 4300mAh bateries wired in serries, in the Lenovo Yoga Book (and other Lenovo tablets). Which means the tablet works on 12 volts. 

8500mAh is the total capacity of two batteries that are valued at 3.8volts. Combined together in serries, they are boosted to 12v and run at 4300mAh.
Its a kind of semi scam by the Lenovo company, where they advertise the battery as 8500mAh (or 10050mAh in other models), which is a common practise in other popular brands.
Late for you but hope it helps everyone.
Thank you.

dskmusic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 475
Message 77 of 77

its have sense... thanks!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors