Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeffdavies
What's DOS?
Views: 2,527
Message 1 of 4

Yoga Tab 8: Gmail problems

I appreciate I am replying to a very old Post but have only just joined and cannot find a way to POst a New Message.

Because the above problem is similar, I thought I would post my problem here!

My Lenovo 8" Yoga Tablet works fine using Gmail on my home network.

However, when away from home, using a different Network, I can sign in to Gmail ok using an Ap (after entering the WIFI radio code)  BUT cannot receive new Gmails sent to me or send any new emails until I get home once more and switch on my Tablet. The unsent emails are then sent automatically.

Is this a setting problem with the Tablet?

OR a setting problem in Gmail?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks iin anticipation

Regards

Jeff Davies

Moderator note: off-topic post moved to its own thread.  Subject edited to match content.  Was:  Re: T420 wifi problems

Guru
Views: 2,474
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Tab 8: Gmail problems

I've run into a similar issue with my A2109 tablet.  Usually I use it on my home WiFi and everything's fine.  On the occasions that I try to use it while traveling, when I connect to another WiFi network some of Google's services don't work initially (maybe Gmail too like you're problem, but I'm not sure).  If I open the Play Store app, it asks me to agree to the Terms of Service again, and once I do, everything works properly.  When I return home and reconnect to my WiFi network, I have to do the same thing again.  It seems Google's services don't recognize it's the same user and same tablet when I switch networks.

Try opening the Play Store app and see if it prompts you to agree to the ToS.  I'd bet that if it does, agreeing will get Gmail working again.

jeffdavies
What's DOS?
Views: 2,438
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, I do appreciate it was an off-topic post but that was was because I could not find a Post new message button.

Can you please tell me where it has been moved to and how to find it please so that I can monitor any replies.

Thank you.

Guru
Views: 2,406
Message 4 of 4

Take a look at the top:

Lenovo Community Idea Systems Idea Android based Tablets

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors