07-19-2015

US

16 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga Tablet 2 1050F: Unlock bootloader?

2015-07-19, 11:50 AM

Is the bootloader on the device unlockable? I have a working tethered CWM recovery. I would like to get Linux dual booting on the device and possibly develop a ROM or 2 also.

Thank you.

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2015

Amsterdam

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 1050F: Unlock bootloader?

2015-09-04, 12:20 PM

A friend of mine has an asus k007/me576c and was trying to downgrade and root after it was upgraded to lollipop, and he had to use xFSTK to do the flashing, and it uses a different interface, not fastboot or adb, and after seeing mention all over the place about it and in the intel phone flash tool, i looked around and discovered there is methods involving using this tool to unlock asus zenfones, this method also is vitally important if you have bricked a rom and can't get into fastboot anymore. 

the  xfstk interface on this k007 was activated by turning off the device, holding vol+ & vol- keys then inserting the usb into a computer. the article i found about unlocking the zenfone bootloader required an unlocked bootloader file to do it, so obviously the same would apply for using this for any intel based phone/tablet device, not sure if it's relevant to windows devices (these are much easier to hack, of course) but it works for android. so i think the key is to get the unlocked boatloader image that can be flashed and then the device will not reject roms installed that lack a signature.

since the yoga tablet 2 is based on more or less the same SoC as the k007 i should think that it's possible even that one could use the unlocked bootloader image from another device.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete