Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
workdowg
Paper Tape
Views: 4,323
Message 1 of 2

Yoga Tablet 2 1050F: Unlock bootloader?

Is the bootloader on the device unlockable? I have a working tethered CWM recovery. I would like to get Linux dual booting on the device and possibly develop a ROM or 2 also.

Thank you.

lokiverloren
Paper Tape
Views: 4,125
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 1050F: Unlock bootloader?

A friend of mine has an asus k007/me576c and was trying to downgrade and root after it was upgraded to lollipop, and he had to use xFSTK to do the flashing, and it uses a different interface, not fastboot or adb, and after seeing mention all over the place about it and in the intel phone flash tool, i looked around and discovered there is methods involving using this tool to unlock asus zenfones, this method also is vitally important if you have bricked a rom and can't get into fastboot anymore. 

the  xfstk interface on this k007 was activated by turning off the device, holding vol+ & vol- keys then inserting the usb into a computer. the article i found about unlocking the zenfone bootloader required an unlocked bootloader file to do it, so obviously the same would apply for using this for any intel based phone/tablet device, not sure if it's relevant to windows devices (these are much easier to hack, of course) but it works for android. so i think the key is to get the unlocked boatloader image that can be flashed and then the device will not reject roms installed that lack a signature.

since the yoga tablet 2 is based on more or less the same SoC as the k007 i should think that it's possible even that one could use the unlocked bootloader image from another device.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors