Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anvil2k8
Punch Card
Views: 3,623
Message 21 of 192

Re: Yoga 2 series Android 5 experiences and problems

sorry mate, but I couldn't help.

you remember (bottom link) my warning when you and others hassled Lenovo for 5.x  e.g. "we need Lollipop"?

thanx for doing exactly now what I expected anyway - others sacrify a running system to

do the beta testing for Lenovo now and all this without any risks for me  Smiley Very Happy

regards

Damian

see message 8 at

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android-Yoga-Series-Tablets/Android-Lollipop-5-0-5-1-for-Yoga-Tablet-2-...

Admin edit; subject reverted to original, was; Schadenfreude

morphogen
Token Ring
Views: 3,605
Message 22 of 192

yoga tab 2 10inch. 

when im trying to press the square at the bottom menu sometimes it doesnt do anything so i have to press circle then square.

sometimes when i try to swipe to unlock my camera comes on instead on home screen. very annoying indeed.

startup ringtone still switches back on when volume control goes off which is very annoying.

no other problems as yet just the one with chrome not playing youtube videos on facebook browser and lack of saturation in colour on the web.

timoese92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,590
Message 23 of 192

@Damian. Does it really matter to you? I really like the new software so far!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 3,541
Message 24 of 192

Still, maybe it is a good idea to have a sticky thread with a list of all known issues with links to their thread, device they occure on, status(solved/not solved). For example:

Yoga Tablet 2:

Spoiler
Lollipop
Spoiler
Wifi Authentification Problem - Link - Not Solved

@morphogen wrote:

sometimes when i try to swipe to unlock my camera comes on instead on home screen. very annoying indeed.

Swiping to the left opens camera

timoese92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,531
Message 25 of 192

Is it true that the yoga 2 is still running on 32 bit instead of 64 despite the android 5 update? And why?? Antutu says its still 32 bit?!

Sephyra
Paper Tape
Views: 3,389
Message 26 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

After the update I can't seem to get my app shortcuts to stay on the second desktop page. They seem to go away every time I switch off and on my device. Any ideas anyone?

timoese92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,375
Message 27 of 192

Is it possible that this only effects apps installed on your SD card? This software seems to have a problem with apps on SD card, try to move them on local storage.

fragger005
Paper Tape
Views: 3,347
Message 28 of 192

Is it possible to get the Firmware for download (not OTA), so you could flash the ROM on your tablet? I want to try the new firmware but it's important for me to have a stock rom...

MC1973
What's DOS?
Views: 3,298
Message 29 of 192

After the OTA upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop , my chrging time for the tablet has gone to 72 hours to get 100% while in off mode. However battery draining is normal. Called Lenovo support and they wanted $39 to fix the software issue . Pathetic..... Even when tablet is under warranty yet.

19hymax37
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,260
Message 30 of 192

Nach dem Update ging zunächst fast nichts mehr. Erst ein hartes Reset brachte das Tablett wieder zum Laufen.

Allerdings muss die Software noch überarbeitet werden damit auch auch Apps von der SD-Karte nach einem neuen Start nicht vom Display beziehungsweise aus zusammengefassten Ordnern verschwunden sind.

Außerdem ist das Lademanagment für den Akku völlig verändert.

Mit Android 4.4 war der Akku nach etwa 3,5 bis 4 Stunden voll. Nun wird mit Andriod 5.01 zum zweiten Mal bereits 20 Stunden von 5 auf 90 % geladen. Das kann ja wohl nicht sein dass man ständig nachladen muss, um einigermaßen vernünftig mit dem Tablet arbeiten zu können.

Die Nutzungsdauer scheint sich geringfügig verbessert zu haben (ca. 7 Stunden) obwohl die von Lenovo genannten Betriebsstunden Fantasiewerte darstellen die sich auch in mehreren Tests nicht bestätigt haben.

Bleibt zu hoffen, dass Lenovo bald etwas unternimmt, um die volle Funktionsfähigkeit des Tabletts zu sichern.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors