Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackisle
Paper Tape
Views: 2,787
Message 91 of 192

Re: Yoga 2 series Android 5 experiences and problems

Thought the lock screen behaviour is standard lollipop? Swipe left opens camera. Swipe right unlocks the device. Or does swiping in any direction open the camera?
libergm
SCSI Port
Views: 2,648
Message 92 of 192

So what is the consensus?   Still wait to make the update, far too many bugs/issues need fixing?  I waited due to the last update.  Thoughts?

V/R,

Gary

iskillz
Punch Card
Views: 2,641
Message 93 of 192

I've not come across any of the issues mentioned on here, but that could be due to the fact that my tablet is only a month to 2 months old, so it didn't have too much crap on it. I'm very happy with the update so far, although I did give in and installed Nova Launcher in the end. The Lollipop Launcher was a bit too ugly for my liking.

giaspa
802.11n
Views: 2,623
Message 94 of 192

Ok, i,'d like to qualify my response to your ? first. You might say a disclaimer with a answer based on my tab use and previous experience.

Firstly, I'm a gen 1 KitKat upgrade veteran. The experience of upgrading on the gen 2 to lollipop has been much easier and handled much better by Lenovo. At this stage on the gen 1, we had a 500+ thread going. So well done Amy and the mods.

Secondly, I primarily use the tablet for media, TV,  video, music, news apps, newspapers, books, Skype, chrome surfing, downloading, use of a vpn, e-commerce and use shareit quite a lot. 16gb sd card installed. Don't do much gaming or blutoothing, although satisfactory when briefly experienced.

Thirdly, I still have a gen 1 with KitKat for comparison and I have a moto g mobile/cell which has had lollipop for sometime.So familiarity is key in any initial impression.

Lastly, the gen2 I have is a refurb, wiped by Lenovo and with reinstalled software with little crap on it as per iskillz.

Conclusion: Overall the upgrade has been positive. Main gains have been speed and fluidity of the tablet. Negatives have been some glitches using headphone with mic, some lag in the smart switch. 

So within the parameters of my usage its been a worthwhile and decent upgrade.

Hope this helps.☺

triplesilk
Paper Tape
Views: 2,590
Message 95 of 192

For what it's worth. the upgrade has been pretty good so far. It's been a week or so (I didn't get the first upgrade so no doubt a few quirks / bugs were ironed out). 

I actually perfer the Yoga Kitkat rom as that was well designed, whereas the Lollipop version looks more like stock Android. I miss the quick options where you pull up from the bottom, as you only have the one option now (to pull down from the middle of the top of the screen).

No problems though so far and the battery life has been very good. 

blackisle
Paper Tape
Views: 2,562
Message 96 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

I ended up doing a factory reset after the update which fixed the issues with Google play games/services. A pita but not too drastic. Has been fine since. New lenovo launcher is much improved, may not need to install Nova on it as I had previously.
MaxDim
802.11n
Views: 2,511
Message 97 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

For the bold and the brave, there is a way to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.4.2 on xda: Link

Lenovo G550 + Lenovo S930 + Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 - 10"
giaspa
802.11n
Views: 2,446
Message 98 of 192

Other essentials that are satisfactory. Casting, Chromecast, maps and Spotify work well. Battery duration is superb and charging without issue.. So unless you have routed or despoiled the tab, an upgrade should be fine. Launchers according to taste.😀

libergm
SCSI Port
Views: 2,359
Message 99 of 192

Thanks so much for all the responses.  Maybe I will take the leap. 

V/R

Gary

libergm
SCSI Port
Views: 2,321
Message 100 of 192

PS totally agree Amy and team have done a good job working issues.  MUCH better than say ASUS!

V/R,

Gary

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors