Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinfullerton
Paper Tape
Views: 5,153
Message 11 of 192

Re: Yoga 2 series Android 5 experiences and problems

timoese, thank you. Deleting all the Google Play services data worked.
timoese92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,140
Message 12 of 192

You're welcome! Smiley Wink

reddevil1971
Paper Tape
Views: 5,116
Message 13 of 192

I've had a really great experience since the lollipop upgrade. The tablet is a lot more responsive and the battery life is so much better. Whereas I was alarmed by the battery drain on standby, its now almost almost iPad levels. I also like the almost stock andoid UI.  So far so good.  The only problem I encountered was when trying to restart 2 days after I upgraded, it froze but hope that's a one off.  Right now, this tablet is exceeding what I hoped it would be prior to purchase. Only a few days in but looking good.

hungerdunger
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,090
Message 14 of 192

So far, I'm worried that the battery life seems to be *worse*, although it could be that I've used it more than usual over the past few days.

What puzzles me is that in settings, under "Device" there should be "Battery" so that I can see a graphic of the battery usage since the last charge, and also which apps have been using most power. Is it missing completely or have Lenovo hidden it away somewhere else?
fizzymilk
Punch Card
Views: 5,079
Message 15 of 192

They moved it to Power Manager under System, but it's not the stock Lollipop battery monitor so no graph. I don't get it, why go the effort of coding a worse replacement for a standard feature?
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 5,064
Message 16 of 192

So far there aways were stock and lenovo's power manager, i alao wonder why they removed the stock.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,015
Message 17 of 192

@timoese92 wrote:

Hopefully we can reduce all the update related posts in to one thread!
Greets

I certainly understand the logic behind your idea, however doing this can actually work against members experiencing particular issues.  For instance if kevinfullerton's post had been in a dedicated topic, with an appropriately descriptive subject title, it would now have been marked as solved enabling anyone else experiencing the same issue to be able to find the solution quicker using the forum search function.  The solution is there on the next page, but what if it had been on page 4 or 5, how easy would it be for someone to find?  The forum search function prioritises threads which include the searched for words and have been marked as solved.

It can also slow down the process of discovery for those looking for problem "bug" reports in the forums; they would be required to read more posts, regarding non-specific issues, in order to find the specific information / feedback they require on the subject they have been tasked to address. In essence it makes following specific issues more difficult to follow.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to make a couple of general points which members mike like to consider when posting; 

• posting about the same issue in multiple threads or even starting new "duplicate" threads isn't helpful as this also splits the conversation making them difficult to follow, concentration should be placed on the subject's single thread and always think if there is additional information you can provide to assist others assist you and don't forget to include information about what you have already tried as a solution which didn't work for you; as a result you will then only receive fresh ideas or suggestions on possible steps which may have been missed.
  • from another thread here;

@giaspa wrote:

Amy from Lenovo polices the community for reported problems. When enough people comment on a bug, she should pick up. Suspect Lenovo will wait until after weekend to see what has come out of update. Otherwise pm her to see how they will organise this time round.

Yes Amy does follow the conversations and if she requires further information from anyone she will request it, sending her unsolicited PMs isn't going to help solve any situation any quicker, in fact it just gives Amy more reading material which takes time away from her leaving less time to actually deal with the issues at hand.

Hope I've been able to offer a different perspective on how all can help to help each other.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

philipz_59
Punch Card
Views: 5,014
Message 18 of 192

Thanks for confirmation of this bug! Battery "applet" is actually searchable, although not exposed to settings menu.

giaspa
802.11n
Views: 4,985
Message 19 of 192

Apologies for the misinformation. However I wasn't suggesting all and sundry contact Amy with their issues, but that a correct course of action be sought so that the management of problems and bugs be effective from the outset.

As you have now given guidance and a path to good governance, I am appreciative. 

timoese92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,312
Message 20 of 192

I also had that kind of thoughts after i opened the topic, it would make more sense to delete my topic and open new ones for every new problem. Thanks for the eye opener Andy!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors