Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerarldlee
What's DOS?
Views: 608
Message 191 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

Dont upgrade to Android 5 and up.

It has battery problems in general. Even in Samsung phones.

I kept mine at the latest upgrade for Android Kitkat 4.4. Upgrading will cause you to remove SecureIt and be replace with McAfee which is pretty much useless.

Im using Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 830F without problems. Except for sometimes the battery charging is very long to complete.

I found a way to counter that by the practice of:

1. Do Not draining your battery completely before charging. I think this will damage your battery even more. The only thing you will drain your battery is when a) you just bought the tablet for first time charging. B) you will not use it for a long time. The ions has to be constantly in motion inside.

2. Always charge your battery at less than 10%. Do not remove it until full 100% (steady white light on the power switch). And when your battery is full, keep it plug for another 10 mins.

3. Do not turn off your battery while charging. Because the operating system determines if the battery is full.

With these practices, i was able to prolong my battery. The 830f with 6000mah lasts for about 1 week (6-7 days) Without wifi - ebook reading only. And 2 days With wifi and youtube all the time.

Hope this can help.

cheruk
What's DOS?
Views: 91
Message 192 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

I have just started up my Yoga tablet 2 after a couple of years sat in a drawer. Updated all the apps, and was then invited to download Android 5, which I did. Got to install, thought all was going ok, then got the message that the install failed. 

Now my camera is not working and I still dont have Android 5.

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks

Chrissy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors