It has an app drawer on lollipop

Lenovo G550 + Lenovo S930 + Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 - 10"
lsipka
What's DOS?
Views: 5,133
Message 52 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

Hello,

my experience with 5.x android on Lenovo Yoga tablet 2 1050F.

I'm really missing:

1.Security solution (McAfee is really useless it's only 14 days trial and consume a lot of power and memory)

2.Old launcher (new original android luncher isn't that comfortable as the previous one)

3.Battery management (original battery app is not helping and provides only the basic functions)

Than after update I have much more problems than I had before.

1.Keyboard is uncomfortable

2.Have sometimes problems turning tablet on...button don't react or tablets looks like it starts but during lenovo logo it turn itself off...and I need to turn it on again...record is 5x times until tablet really starts.

3.When I create widet or folder with apps or when I move icon into main page (launcher) after restart it all disappear and I need to create everything from beginning.

4. Battery life is worst (my experience is around 20% worst battery life)

5. Tablet isn't sometimes charging even if it's plugged (might be hardware issue but appeared firstly right after update)

So is there any possible way how to downgrade back to 4.4, because this is pain in the ass. 

Or is Lenovo planning some fix update soon?

Former Employee
Views: 5,046
Message 53 of 192

Customers have reported multiple issues after the upgrade to Lollipop in this discussion. In order to assist me with presenting these problems to the development team so they can provide a solution, it would help me if several people would be willing to provide logs capturing event failures on Yoga Tablet 2 8 or 10 1050 models running Lollipop.

To capture logs, please follow this procedure: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tablet-2-830/documents/HT103449

Once you have collected the logs, please zip the files and attach them to an email which can then be sent to forumspi@lenovo.com. If the file is too large to send, please provide a link to the hosted file.

With the email, please include the following information:

Name:

Forums User ID:

Model: 

S/N:

Discussion Link: XXX

A description of the failure and any other information you would like to share, the more information the better:

Zipped attachment or link to hosted file:

Once I receive them, I will escalate these reports for a solution.

Thank you,

rolandtk
Paper Tape
Views: 4,944
Message 54 of 192

I have not upgraded to lolipop, but did experience long charge times. a solution i read which works is to allow the device to drain totally dead before charging again. maybe with works with lolipop too.
MaxDim
802.11n
Views: 4,914
Message 55 of 192

What does the "dual desktop mode" means in the lollipop update changelog?

Spoiler
Screenshot_2015-06-17-08-02-23-965.jpeg

Sigma0013
Punch Card
Views: 4,732
Message 56 of 192

The only real failure I've had in anything is the Google services crashing/ broken updating issue-- temperorarily defaulting to internal storgage for apps fixed it.

Beyond the UI which is klunky (I changed to the Nova Launcher because the Lenovo launcher since the update can't remember anything). 

The system interface is a blatant downgrade in ease of use. Instead of being able to pull up from the bottom a adbridged menu to interact with wifi, bluetooth, settings-- you now have to swipe twice in upper middle part of the screen to interface with the controls and the new menus are formatted for a smartphone screen (5-inches or less), not a ten-inch tablet.

I also changed the keyboard to SwiftKey because the default keyboard is also not formatted correctly to the size of the screen, making it a chore to use.

Ps.

I can't say anything about McAfee products are I ditched it and Norton a long time ago for ESET.

Sephyra
Paper Tape
Views: 4,535
Message 57 of 192

Yes. The issue I reported about shortcuts disappearing with each reboot is affecting only appa installed on sdcard.

morphogen
Token Ring
Views: 4,308
Message 58 of 192

Re: Yoga 2 series Android 5 experiences and problems

ive noticed problems with my yoga 2 since lollipop. noticiable lag. also freezing. touch screen notmrsponiing.  horrible touchscreen keyboard . when typing sometimes it will have a fit not typing and the screen goes up n down.

MaxDim
802.11n
Views: 4,121
Message 59 of 192

The keyboard is the same, it's just material design. You can change it from keyboard settings, appearance and layout to holo. 

Alsoif we ask, politely, many times, is it possible to have the lenovo security app back? McAfee is a huge battery drainer.

murata81
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,102
Message 60 of 192

are you able to disable the mcafee app??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors