Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,511
Message 81 of 192

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 series Android 5 Lollipop experiences and problems

The only visible fix i can see is that there is no "Signal Stanby" in the "Power consumption details".

Icons still dissaper from the home screen after reboot if the app is installed on SD. Moved an app to the SD card from Settngs->Apps, updated it via google play, and after the update it is on the internal memory again. 

Battery looks better for now. Will comment on it later, after more usage.

No problems with breathing light while charging. If i turn it of from Settings->Display->Light effect, it turns off. But it still wont work for other notifications.

Can not comment on earphones issue as mine are cheap, whith no controls and they worked perfectly before.

That's it for now.

blackisle
Paper Tape
Views: 2,383
Message 82 of 192

Same here JD, haven't done a factory reset yet though have tried clearing play services. Google books still seems to work OK, gmail and maps too. Can only guess it's something to do with the games framework Smiley Sad
Sephyra
Paper Tape
Views: 2,183
Message 83 of 192

Same here. I wish I could go 2 versions back. Even the UI was better. Now that drawer of apps with the white background is so ugly.

Is there a way to downgrade?

hungerdunger
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,156
Message 84 of 192

@Sephyra wrote:

Even the UI was better. Now that drawer of apps with the white background is so ugly.

Is there a way to downgrade?

Have you tried Nova Launcher?  It's very customisable.  In the App Drawer, you can choose a background colour; hide apps which you never use; group apps, and change the transition effect from one screen to the next.  On the desktop you can change the grid size for apps as well as the icon and text size.  And that's just a small amount of what it can do (although admittedly I have the paid for (Pro) version and I can't remember what was available on the basic version.)  The good thing about it is that if you don't like it, you can go back to the Lenovo launcher with one tap in Settings.

19hymax37
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,123
Message 85 of 192

Re: Yoga 2 series Android 5 experiences and problems

Was hat das Update eigentlich gebracht?

-Apps auf SD können immer noch nicht frei angeordnet werden.

-Die Akku-Ladezeiten sind immer noch viel zu lang (9 - 12 Stunden)

Ein Downgrade wäre besser.

morphogen
Token Ring
Views: 1,954
Message 86 of 192

on lolipop on 1050f ten inch yoga 2 when battery gets to 15% things get really laggy. also tryimg to reply and getting the keyboard to come up in this forum is a problem too.

Drift
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,911
Message 87 of 192

I've run the free version of Nova Launcher on my 1050F since I got it and it is superb.  Though the Lenovo  UI improved with the Lollipop update,  in my opinion it still sux. Nova Launcher &  SwiftKey is definitely the way to go.  Simple,  easy to install &  very easy to customise to the users needs.  Highly recommended. 

NFA
mmulhern
Punch Card
Views: 1,758
Message 88 of 192

I have the 8 inch yoga 2, and have the same problem with the camera constantly coming on when I swipe to unlock the screen. Is this a new "feature", or a bug? Is there a way to turn it off? I hate accidentally taking pictures and then having to delete them. 

chrisJ_44
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,699
Message 89 of 192

Sadly, there would still seem to be no support for exFAT.  I did go through the hassle of reformatting my 64Gb microSD card hoping that it would be recognised but got the usual "blank card or unsupported file system" message.  The same applies for the 5.0.1 update.

Since this was first raised and escalated by Amy as a "Pervasive issue" almost a year ago there has been total silence and my request for an update has been ignored.  It is sad that Lenovo prefers to keep its customers ignorant of an important feature such as this rather than just telling us straight. Something along the lines of "Yes, we will add this feature in a forthcoming firmware update" or "No, we have no plans to implement this feature because . . .".    Just total silence treats its users with contempt and I know where I will take my money next time.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,691
Message 90 of 192

Swiping left on the lockscreen opens the camera

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors