Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haphaeu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,575
Message 1 of 4

Yoga Tablet YT3-X50F very slow after upgrade to Marshmallow

Hi,

My YT3 came with Lollipop from fabric. It has been used for long time with good experience. When the upgrade came up, I resisted for a while but at some point I got annoyed with the intrusive upgrade requests and finally I got dumb and upgraded it.

The experience using the tablet has degraded significantly after the upgrade. Response is slow, app opening is like 5x slower, internet page rendering is also much slower, even screen keyboard response is slow.

The upgrade also re-writes the factory recovery partition and when I tried to factory reset it, Marshmallow was installed again.

All in all, for me it was very bad deal to have updated this once nice tablet. The tablet has gone down to a nearly useless state now.

Has other users experience that wit their YT3?

And into my main question: how can I switch back to Lollipop?

Thanks

Linuxp
What's DOS?
Views: 1,449
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Tablet YT3-X50F very slow after upgrade to Marshmallow

I got the same problem. My Lenovo YT3 was great, but after the unrequested update It became slow and frustrating.

I'm very very very angry. No solutions on Internet about this incredible and hideous problem. Lenovo has to remove this issue as soon as possible. On the contrary I won't consider Lenovo as a reliable company.

sodoff
What's DOS?
Views: 779
Message 3 of 4

Same for me. Seems to be a bad memory leak and twice daily application of a memory cleaner will keep you running. Very frustrating as it was a great tab. Don't think I will buy Lenovo again :-(

Relaine
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 4 of 4

I basically had to upgrade because my tab2 was only booting intermittently. Do you have a recommended memory cleaner?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors