cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JStor
What's DOS?
Views: 403
Message 1 of 3

Yoga YT3-X50F WiFi Speed Diminished after recent Android update - Roll-back Required

A rare update made itself available 5 days ago and stupidly, I allowed it to install. Now the best speed I can get from my wifi connection is 4Mbps.  Interestingly, the day before the update, I was getting 19-21Mbps.

I downloaded and tried numerous speedtest apps and all give me the same results.

I also have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, so I ran a speedtest on that and connected to the same wifi and from the same location, and that, being older tech, managed to get 19Mbps, so clearly not my wireless router.

I have even reset my device, clean setup and despite the effort, there has been no improvement.

Any way to roll-back / downgrade and return the tablet to what was already (for me) a stable build? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 323
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga YT3-X50F WiFi Speed Diminished after recent Android update - Roll-back Required

Hi JStor, Thanks for reaching out. If it's an OS downgrade the only way would be to root the phone, then flash back the previous OS. This would require the use of several third-party programs and files which we are not trained to help with. You can however do more research on the matter, there are several websites that help with downgrading and upgrading the OS on android tablets. Please note that modifying the current OS on the android tablet is not advised since it poses the risk of bricking the machine. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

JStor
What's DOS?
Views: 307
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga YT3-X50F WiFi Speed Diminished after recent Android update - Roll-back Required

Well Jack_Lenovo1, it looks like I have little choice but to flash the device if I want it to function as it did prior to the last update, which is pretty bloody annoying! 

I would have hoped to hear that at the very least, Lenovo would be looking into the version they released to check for anything that might have caused this problem, perhaps with a view to pushing out a fix but I guess that is too much to hope for.

I never had any issues with my Samsung Galaxy tablet. Updates all worked fine after installation, great feel, nice screen, reliable and still working today.

Manufacturers need to STOP rolling out bad code and leaving it to the paying customers to do the testing for them!

Taking into consideration my experience of the tablet to date, and reading some of the issues here that have impacted other customers after updates, I wouldn't ever purchasing another Lenovo tablet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors