Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kochich
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,537
Message 1 of 6

Yoga tablet 3 (YT3-850F) fails to install system update

So to keep this as short and informative as I can (also to keep myself from getting angry, because boy is finding official support painful..)

- My tablet tells me a system update is available

- It downloads perfectly fine, then after hitting 'OK' it restarts to begin installation, as it should.

- However after few minutes it kicks itself into the recovery menu, aborting the installation because it couldn't verify the original system, with the following error:

system partition has unexpected contents
E:Error in @/chache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Clipboard01.jpgFailed installation process

Seeing that the problem is in cache, I wiped the cache partition and tried installing the update again.

Unfortunately that produces a very similar error:

system partition has unexpected contents
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

And that's where my knowledge ends, I haven't been able to move from this spot.

For the record, the device is not rooted, nor has it ever been (as far as I know), it also has the stock recovery menu, and other than this it works perfectly fine.

I have tried installing this update through OTA, from Lenovo's own desktop assistant, and even manually with a .zip archive. All methods fail the same way.

As a bonus, everytime the install is attempted over the air, it creates the cache problem again, closing the circle nicely.

I like to keep my devices up to date, (and the "an update is available" notifications are getting rather annoying at this point), so if anyone will be able to help, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

NP78
Paper Tape
Views: 3,168
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga tablet 3 (YT3-850F) fails to install system update

Any Replies.
I am facing the same problem.
StevenE_
Blue Screen Again
Views: 878
Message 3 of 6

this but different model yts-x50f Smiley Sad

keeps telling me there's an update, but always fails

Highlighted
StevenE_
Blue Screen Again
Views: 482
Message 4 of 6

Bump, device still bugs me to update and it still dont work? Anyone listening? Nope? Guess that's the price for the cheaper price, im 3 for 3 on buggy Lenovo products, next time, spending the extra for better brand.

Kochich
Blue Screen Again
Views: 474
Message 5 of 6

I've come to terms with the fact that Lenovo don't really care about anything that isn't a laptop. If even that.

Even after I managed to reach their official support, they were so useless it was baffling. I don't think they even know they're still selling mobile devices.

I have long since rooted this thing and I just dismiss the update notification whenever it pops up every now and then. Considering how old this android version is by now, the update is irrelevant anyway.

Nobody from the company is watching or cares about these forums, so good luck trying to get anywhere here. I reccomend Acer, they're not saints, but still seem more reliable.

StevenE_
Blue Screen Again
Views: 471
Message 6 of 6

Agreed, I've moved on device wise, but its still works and others use it when at my place.

Im 3 for 3 with Lenovo devices not living up to decent. Spend a bit more and another brand and don't have the hassles. 

The Lenovo smart clock fails on the basic function of an alarm clock, wake you up with as little problem's as possible, no net? No alarm? Ok, FAIL. (though if you use 1 of 5 internal tones your ok. But if the

music as alarm drops out, default sound? Nope silence.

This tablet had a few little annoying things, certain software didn't like it, no 5ghz wifi when it was pretty standard, wierd ass camera that reversed your front selfie photos? Etc i won't go on, but sound, video quality for a price.

Cheers Lenovo, it's been lets say, trying at times.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors