cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chugster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,550
Message 1 of 6

can you use Amazon prime/instant video on a yoga?

Been thinking about signing up but need to know if it works on the yoga browser or chrome?

If I can only get it working my pc then its probably not worth it

Guru
Views: 7,510
Message 2 of 6

Re: can you use Amazon prime/instant video on a yoga?

Amazon Prime does not work on the Chrome browser for Android.  The stock Android browser might work with Flash installed, but Lenovo removed the stock browser from Yoga with the update to KitKat.  There's a trick to get it working using Dolphin browser:

http://the-digital-reader.com/nates-reviews/stream-amazon-instant-videos-android-tablet/

It sounds like that trick will not work for amazon.co.uk, so it might not be of use to you.

Chugster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,494
Message 3 of 6

Bah...looks like its not worth it then, shame...hopefully amazon will release an android app at some point
spaceprobe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,563
Message 4 of 6

Yes you can but you need to fool Amazon into thinking the Yoga is an Android phone. You do this by side loading the Amazon phone app apk. You cant download from the Play store because it will only put the tablet app on. Its very easy to do takes just a couple of minutes and it works a treat all your Prime videos will just stream to the tablet without a problem. Here is a link for how to do it, happy viewing.

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/89119/fooling-a-tablet-into-thinking-its-a-phone-so-that-...
Raevyn77jax
Punch Card
Views: 6,472
Message 5 of 6

I just found this, and am glad I did. Just purchased the Yoga 2 8in and was worried that I wouldn't be able to stream Amazon prime and have my Google stuff. Getting harder to find units that do both these days. No one wants to play with each other anymore.

I must have spent hours looking for a tablet that was fair priced and had decent specs with 2gig RAM AND was able to play Amazon and Google.

Well keep this page bookmarked and will refer to it when I get my new tab.
Ezy969
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,214
Message 6 of 6

I just download the instant prime app

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors