Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LEXX1
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 1 of 8

dead yoga 8 inch tablet

My yoga 8 inch tablet has stopped working, I cannot charge it or get any response does anyone know what the problem could be and can it be fixed. Would welcome any help, please.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 152
Message 2 of 8

Re: dead yoga 8 inch tablet

Hi LEXX1,

Have you tried a different cable or charger or maybe both?

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Highlighted
LEXX1
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 3 of 8

Hi. Dave.
No because I got a response to hold the power button down for 60 seconds, to bring it back, which did work but, now, the same thing has happened. The problem started when the battery was fully charged and the screen kept jumping backwards and forwards to many different pages then went black and I had no way to retrieve the screen so cannot give it any instructions. Do you have any Idea what the problem could be?
Regards,
LEXX1
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 107
Message 4 of 8

Hi LEXX1,

It could be anything.  Did you try holding down the Power button and tapping the Volume up key?  See if that puts it into Recovery Mode.

Do you get any charging image on the screen if you plug in the power cord or does it still stay blank?

Dave 

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
LEXX1
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 5 of 8

Hi. Dave.

This morning I tried holding the power button down for the 60 seconds then plugged into the charger the battery image showed but did not start to show it was charging, I will try that with the volume button, thanks.

Regards,

LEXX1

LEXX1
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 6 of 8

Hi. Dave.  I tried that and did get a response initially I had the lenovo sign on screen then when I tried adjusting the volume a series of Asian type letters came on screen with 3 rows of numbers which were changing but seemed to be looping, did not expect that. Any suggestions please?. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 63
Message 7 of 8

Do you know which version of Android this had on it?

If it had Version 4.2, you press Volume Up + Power key, you can release them when you see an Android Image on the screen.  Then press Volume UP to select option "Recovery" and press Volume Down to confirm. You should then see the Recovery Mode menu.

You can navigate there by using Volume Down and select options by using the Volume Up key.

Is this what you see?

Dave

LEXX1
Paper Tape
Views: 43
Message 8 of 8

Hi. Dave. Sorry to be a nuisance, I have 4.2 and tried your suggestion without any success, the screen remains blank, thanks for your help.
LEXX1

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors