Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 1

New to Android! need help

2010-09-26, 7:03 AM

Hi all,

I got my backflip 3 days back .

I had used a friends moto cliq and loved the android and so decided to go for this one.

Being completely new to Android, kindly pardon my ignorance if the questions are too stupid

Here are some of the issues I am facing as of now.Hope you guys can help!

a) Everything else is working great but I am unable to add an account to the motorblur service! Don't we have the Motoblur service here in India? and because of this I cannot use the "happenings" feature and cant sync facebook with my address book.

b) Is there a way to install third party apps off my sd card? being cramped for the internal memory I used to prefer saving my apps on the card and install them when i needed them thus saving me all the space(this was on the moto cliq).

But Backflip does not support this. I get an error everytime I try to install apps off the card.Is there a way around this?

(I tried the adb installer method to install the apps through the my PC, but I need someway to do it when I do not have my PC around.)

c) Can I replace the default yahoo search engine with Google ?

d) Cliq had a neat notification led on the top of the screen, which th backflip mises out on. Is there anything of the same sort on the backflip? or is there a way to light up the green charging light if there a new notification? suggest if there is an app

e) How can i exchange notes,tasks and other such small items via bluetooth with other phones like Nokia and Sony ? the Bluetooth transfer app that I have lets me browse through the phone but not find what i want (This is essentially to import all my notes ands tasks from my older phones)

Lastly, when is the 2.1 upgrade coming for the Backflip?

Have been in a real hurry so could not go through the forum completely. Kindly link me to discussions if the questions I have asked have already been answered!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete