Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

12-18-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 1

Apps that cause Backflip to malfunction, on it's own or in combination with other apps??

2011-04-13, 0:33 AM

Hi everyone,   I had such bad history with my Backflip.  I ended up with, literally, a couple dozen problems with my first Backflip which eventually stopped to even turn on successfully, and had it replaced with another Backflip by AT&T.  I then thought it was working fine until this new Backflip started having issues with it's basic phone features: Can't look up contacts in directory (either freeze, automatically return to previous screen, black or white screen, or takes forever (like, 30 minutes), can't select contacts to send texts to, can't end calls (the screen freezes so I cannot get the "end" button or any other button to work), etc. 

I called AT&T and they had me do a factory reset.  Phone worked fine for a little while.  I downloaded a few apps, one at a time, with hours and sometimes days in between, following their advice, and I THOUGHT that my phone was still fine (no immediate problems found within the first hours/days after downloading any of these apps).  But then, now, weeks later, my phone is beginning to develop issues AGAIN.  Same things...basic phone function trouble... while the apps themselves seem to work OK.

Back to calling AT&T, they had me do yet another factory reset and told me that they don't have a record of what apps are known to cause problems (BTW, I only download apps that are available to download from the Android Market).  I tried looking up here on forums but couldn't find a thread that lists apps that have been reported to cause the problems I am having (assuming what AT&T said about these apps carrying some sort of glitch that causes my phone to get screwed up is true.) 

Now, I want to start a thread to possibly get feedback about some of the apps in the Android Market.  My thought is that, if there are no known reports about any of these apps proven to cause problems, then the problem is not with the apps I was using but the phone itself.

The ones I had prior to my latest factory reset were (at least the ones I remember... and I didn't have many apps in total to begin with):

Astrid

Colornote

Yelp

Chase (as in Chase Bank)

Lookout

ElectricSleep

Koebu Alarm

Any known reports of these apps causing issues??  Or is that just a lame excuse AT&T is giving us and that the real problem that Backflips are so weak/problematic has to do with the system itself??

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete