Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 1 of 318

BACKFLIP: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

2010-04-08, 14:18 PM

We hope that MOTOBLUR works perfectly for you. In some cases there may be a service interruption. In that case I'm providing a way for you to notify us that you're having an issue. Rather than having several different threads for these situations I'm creating one thread to come and post to so I can notify the appropriate people when you experience issues.

This thread is only for reporting MOTOBLUR related issues so let's keep it organized. I'll need the following information to properly add you to any tickets I open.

1. Ensure that your IMEI on your forum profile matches the IMEI on the device you are currently using. To obtain your IMEI number go to your dialer and press *#06# and the 15 digit number will appear on the screen. If you've exchanged your phone it won't be the right information for our team to investigate you if we can't find you in our system. DO NOT post your IMEI here.

2. Try to use your MOTOBLUR ID as your forum profile email address. It's also good to have your MOTOBLUR ID(your valid email address) as your forum email address as this gives us another piece of information to search against to attempt to resolve your issue. DO NOT post your MOTOBLUR ID here

3. Identify what information isn't being delivered. Happenings(Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc.) News(USA Today, CNN, etc), Entertainment(list providers)

4. Last time Widget updated: Date, time and time zone

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

36 Posts

03-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 318

Re: BACKFLIP: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

2010-04-08, 15:03 PM
I just received your message about posting on this thread if I am having Motoblur issues.  In the first step you have here, It says to make sure the IMEI matches the one on the phone.  and that if I got a new phone it will not be the same.  I did get a new phone this week.  Went to my Phone profile in Motoblur and I don't see a way to change the IMEI.  How do I do that?
Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 3 of 318

Re: BACKFLIP: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

2010-04-08, 15:07 PM

Go to your profile lydiabrownbackflip and click the Edit Profile link in the right column in the Actions Widget.

Mark

Mark
Former Employee
Options

36 Posts

03-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 318

2010-04-08, 15:23 PM
Thank you!  I changed the IMEI to that of my new phone.  I am in Central Standard Time.  My Facebook Happenings and Notifications haven't worked since 9:15am yesterday 4/7/10.  My Facebook status does NOT update on my phone if I update it on the computer.  However, if I update my status on my phone, it DOES update to Facebook.  My email is working and I am receiving Facebook Notifications through my email on my phone.  I got this phone on Monday 4/5 and Facebook was working fine until yesterday morning.  I use no other Social Networks.
Options

91 Posts

03-20-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 318

2010-04-08, 17:46 PM

Well everything else is working fine for me except for the News widget.. I have it set to grab cnn feeds, and last update I got was April 1st.

Happenings is working fine (Im only using it with Facebook).. These are the only 2 Motoblur widgets I have on the phone.

Looks like the last update was around 4:30pm PST or so. So now I get to be reminded constantly that Jesse James was arrested for vandalism until it starts working again hehe..

Quick Edit: Ok I dont know if this means anything but.. I just signed into my Motoblur account, and for kicks decided to 'Locate phone'.

After running for a few minutes (and I can see the GPS on the Backflip working away) it came back and told me my last known location was April 1st and shows me on the freeway last week while I was driving. I just tried it again to see if I could get it to update and now its just sitting there spinning telling me 'Locating phone. This may take several minutes'. The GPS on my Backflip turned off a couple minutes ago I figured it was done but the Motoblur page is still sitting there spinning..

Options

36 Posts

03-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 318

2010-04-08, 19:48 PM

It won't locate my phone either.  Just sits there processing.  I don't know what's up.  I haven't heard from them since they told me to post all the information in this thread.  That's what happened a couple of weeks ago when it went down.  No one from Motorblur was responding to posts.

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 7 of 318

2010-04-08, 20:18 PM

This is a BACKFLIP thread only. If you have a CLIQ or CLIQ XT please make sure you are on the correct discussion. All posts regarding other models will be deleted, so do not double post.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

36 Posts

03-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 318

2010-04-08, 20:24 PM
Mark - Have you been able to determine if this is an issue with MY phone or if it is an issue with Motoblur yet?
Options

36 Posts

03-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 318

2010-04-09, 13:08 PM
Hey Mark!  Here's an update on the Facebook issue.  I got on the internet on my phone and went to Facebook.  At the very bottom of the page there is a selection to "Download Facebook to your M3.. "  So I did that.  Now it is working fine. However, the "Find my phone feature" is still not working in Motoblur.  So I guess Motoblur is still having problems.
Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 10 of 318

2010-04-13, 14:56 PM

@lydiabrown

Glad to hear things have improved for you. Can you do me a favor.  Launch true GPS in Menu > Settings > Compass/Location. Then go in to Google Maps and let your phone be located. Then go into http://www.motorola.com/mymotoblur and locate your phone again to see if it locates it correctly.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete