08-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Contacts New Storage at 80MB and Counting

2011-08-02, 4:08 AM

Okay... my phone has died in the past 24 hours.  I received a message saying I was low on internal memory today - which was weird because I normally have about 50MB free.  I noticed contacts new storage was at about 40MB, thought that was weird, but decided to free up some memory be deleting a few unused apps.  I deleted about 40MB of unwanted items and my phone was good... for about 2 hours.  The internal memory message popped up again, and this time, contacts new storage was using 80MB of internal memory.  I currently have 0MB free.  It appears CNS is using whatever free space I happen to have on my phone - which is weird since I haven't had problems for over a year with the app.

Sure, I have a linked Facebook account (which I have read can cause problems... that and Twitter); however, I only have 100 contacts on Facebook...nothing extreme by any means.  I have about 50 regular gmail contacts.

I would like to be able to "clear data" and have the phone resync my contacts; however, clear data is almost always grayed out on my phone.

HELP!  Can anyone offer a fix other than resetting the phone?  Surely there is a way to clear the data or wipe the contacts and have the phone rebuild.  Thanks!

Options

34 Posts

03-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Contacts New Storage at 80MB and Counting

2011-09-09, 1:41 AM

you can just go to your accounts and remove facebook account. Turn off the phone to reset it. Then readd the account and that should solve the problem. I have over 700 contacts so I end up haveing to do that at least once a month. Its a pain but its better then resetting.

Options

9 Posts

09-08-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Contacts New Storage at 80MB and Counting

2011-09-10, 3:14 AM

https://market.android.com/details?id=no.uia.android.backupcontacts&feature=search_result

1.Back up the contacts with the above app.

2.Hard reset it.

3.after syncing everything (don't set up social networks on it, if you have, remove them before step 1), reinstall the backup software.

4.Reinstall all other applications!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete