03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Gmail contacts don't sync properly - Android 2.1

2011-03-11, 23:41 PM

I hate to create yet another discussion item on problems syncing with Gmail contacts, but I went through dozens of different postings and don't find a solution that fixes the issue.  I'm getting damn sick of fighting the unreliable software on this phone!  I wish that Google and/or Motorola would fix this problem that is of highest severity and has been open for a year or more!

I noticed that groups aren't properly synced in contacts so I went into the account settings under Gmail and noticed that the last sync date/time is over 2 months ago!  The Sync Gmail date/time is up to date.  It seems that some contacts sync but it must get confused somewhere.  Here are some steps that I've tried:

1. Chose menu, "sync now" under the account settings.  Sync indicator spins, then stops.  Date doesn't update.
  2. Uncheck, then recheck "Sync Contacts" under the account.  Sync indicator spins, then stops.  Date doesn't update.
  3. Tried to remove the Gmail account on the phone.  Google blocks that so you can't do that.
  4. Went home/menu/applications/manage applications/menu/filter all/Gmail storage/clear data & clear cache.  Tried resyncing.  Sync indicator spins, then stops.  Date doesn't update.
  5. Removed my Facebook account (since I saw in a different posting that someone thought that helped).  Tried resyncing.  Sync indicator spins, then stops.  Date doesn't update.

Having faced this problem several times in the past, including on Android 1.5, I suspect that the answer will be the same as before.  Do a hard reset, then waste another 4 hours setting up the phone again.  That get's pretty f**ing old!  Any other ideas before I jump through that hoop and cuss at Android for hours again?  Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete