12-07-2015

United States

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 3

I'm free!

2011-11-21, 15:02 PM

My backflip finally came up for renewal on AT&T and I'm finally free of this sad excuse for an android device.  Thanks to the backflip and the support it's receieved from Moto, I didn't even bother looking at the current Moto offerings.  Now the proud (something I could never say about the backflip) owner of a galaxy s2.  So long, Moto.

Options

128 Posts

05-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: I'm free!

2011-11-29, 20:54 PM

I'm nearly free, too!  I'll be upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-i777 in 4 days! GOOD BYE MotoROFL BackFlop!  Already ordered my Otterbox for the GS2, something I could never have done with the CrackFlip.  The only way I'll ever consider going back to Motorola is if they bring the Droid Razr to AT&T.  Til then, good bye and good luck.

Pardon me while I get ready to munch on some Gingerbread and possibly follow that up with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich.  Oh and I think it's funny that my wife's old BB Torch brought in almost $200 as a trade-in to Amazon, but they'll only give me like $30 (or less) for my crap-tastic MotoROFL ButtFlap.

I suppose I might miss all the free time I had while apps struggled to load on the Buttflap... all those force closes, because system just couldn't handle simple apps.  I'll also miss not having multitouch and not being able to end calls in under 30 seconds after pressing END.  I might also miss having to wait over 30 seconds from unlocking the phone to actually be able to use the phone.  Or the way it can't keep up with texting... Generally it takes about 15 to 20 seconds to BEGIN a sentence that I inputted.  Oh and I'll miss MotoBlur most of all.

Seriously, I will not miss any of these things.  Most of all I will not miss MotoBlur.  I think I'll drag this phone behind my truck like Napoleon Dynamite did with his action figure.  Then light it on fire.  Then drive over it.  Then beat it with a hammer, a sledge hammer, and brick.

Over the last couple of months particularly, I have grown to really hate the ButtFlap.

Thanks

Options

128 Posts

05-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: I'm free!

2011-12-01, 19:52 PM

As of 1 hour and 47 minutes ago, I am now OFFICIALLY FREE of this horrid phone called the BACKFLIP! I'm rockin the GS2 now and loving it.

Good bye all that is Motorola.  It was fun in the beginning, but after my second Backflip and multiple factory resets, I'm glad it's all done.  Did I mention that 2 months ago my Backflip freaked out and deleted ALL of my contacts from my SIM card? Little advise to ANYONE using a Backflip (or other Android device), skip using the SIM to store contacts, and just add them to your Gmail account that you used to register.  They all appear in your contacts just the same as if they were on your SIM.  I didn't have to import anything when I got my GS2, new SIM and everything.  Just used my existing Gmail to register, and BOOM all my contacts are right there where I needed them!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete