Options

23 Posts

08-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Motoblur Custom Contract Groups (for use with Happenings App)

2010-12-26, 22:59 PM

I have had this problem since I upgraded to 2.1.  When I create a custom group (which I will ultimately use with the Happenings App), I can never add more than about 10 contacts at a time.  If I add more than 10 then the list doesn't save the changes.  So, I result to adding 10 at a time until I have my custom list created; however, once this list exceed about 150 people I cannot add any more contacts to the custom list.  At this point, when I choose edit list, Motoblur contacts simply hangs for about 30 seconds and then it goes back to showing all contacts (instead of the custom list).

That being said, I have found a workaround:

1) I create a new temp custom list and add my "less than 10 at a time" contacts to this list.

2) I use a 3rd party group manager (such as Gangbook) to copy all the contacts from the new list to my old list (which has over 150 contracts).

3) I delete the temporary custom list.

Why do I go through all the trouble?  Using the custom list with the Happenings App rocks!!  I only see Facebook and Twitter apps from the 150 contacts on my custom list (instead of the 300+ contacts I actually have... and all the random posts I get from the things I happen to be a "fan" of).

Why don't I simply use a 3rd party contact manager to manage all my lists?  Well, the 3rd party contact manager cannot see any Facebook contacts until I have actually added them to a custom group (not sure why that is).

On a side note, I can reproduce this problem on my Wife's Backflip phone.  Thus, I don't believe it is a problem with just my phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete