Options

2 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 4

Please HELP, radio off????

2011-02-01, 9:46 AM

How do I turn the phone radio on and off in the Motorola Backflip?  I bought a used ("unlocked" at&t backflip) phone from ebay (done it before, never a problem) and unfortunately the seller couldn't remember the unlock pattern (screen) and I had to do a factory data reset/master reset.  When the phone was reset, I entered setup and the first attempt at motoblur registration failed, I turned on wi-fi and tried again successfully and continued with my facebook acct.  I can use the browser, see facebook updates, and it imported my contacts but I cannot call and messages are pending (not working either).  There is a red circle with a line through it at the top of the phone.  Upon waking the phone, the screen says device blocked and tells me to hit the menu key to unlock where it then just wants the normal unlock pattern.  Fine, I do this and the circle is still there.  A few times I got a message saying that the radio isn't on or broadcasting (in my blackberry you could go to settings and turn it back on) and a few times when I tried to make a call it said either "emergency calls" (no network available, emergency calls only allowed) or "network or sim error".  Now I'm using this AT&T device with a T-Mobile sim card, but I don't think this is the issue since it never asks me for a subsidy unlock code (I think it may be a phone issue) and when I put my sim back in my G1, I have no trouble at all.  Can someone please help????  Thanks in advance.

• Edited by forums manager to remove large font and colors, as that's considered "online shouting" and against site rules. Thanks.
Options

485 Posts

05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Please HELP, radio off????

2011-02-01, 19:46 PM

Honestly it does kind of sound like it is locked again.  Do you happen to know what the subsidy code for the phone was?

An easy way to test that would be to have someone you know with ATT service to put their SIM in the phone and see if it works.  As far as the radio, I'm not aware of a way to disable it.  The cellular data, yes, but not the radio entirely.

Options

55 Posts

11-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2011-02-02, 6:58 AM

Try pressing the power off button for 2-3 seconds, and it will give u a menu which has "Airplane Mode" on it to turn on and off the radio.

See if it helps..

Options

1560 Posts

03-22-2008

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2011-02-02, 19:21 PM

I do believe that your phone is locked again. Doing a factory reset usually locks the phone again to it's specific carrier. This was true with my Motorola Q9h and other AT&T phones I have used. Try powering the phone off, remove T-mo sim card, power it back on, power it back off, re-insert T-mo sim card, power it back on. Once powered on, you should see a message asking for the unlock code.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete