Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-06-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Texts saved to laptop are what file type?

2011-08-13, 3:54 AM

Hello,

I recently connected a USB cable to my Motorola BackFlip. I was able to find my pictu8res that I had downloaded, but unable to find any of my other information.If I read the process correctly, it should have downloaded all of my text messages and contacts. I do not see any of that kind of information. Did I misunderstand that information that would be saved on my laptop? Thank you for all of your support!!!

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Texts saved to laptop are what file type?

2011-09-04, 20:06 PM

bassetbutler wrote:

Hello,

I recently connected a USB cable to my Motorola BackFlip. I was able to find my pictu8res that I had downloaded, but unable to find any of my other information.If I read the process correctly, it should have downloaded all of my text messages and contacts. I do not see any of that kind of information. Did I misunderstand that information that would be saved on my laptop? Thank you for all of your support!!!

To save your text messages (SMS and MMS) install the app "Handcent" from the Market for free.  It has the option of saving your SMS and MMS messages to your microSD card to import at a later date, (the data of which will be transferred to your PC by the USB backup).  For contacts, when using your native contact app, tap on "menu" then "import/export", and select "export" to your microSD card.  The file will be saved in a *.vcf file format, which will also be backed up when you do the phone backup to your PC via USB.  Do not expect to necessarily to be able to read the data files created when you are saving your contacts and your SMS and MMS messages on your PC, they will be readable when you reinstall them back to your device and import them using the applications you used to save them to your microSD card.    --- Dan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete