Options

54 Posts

04-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 8

"Universal" inbox and Gmail

2010-04-28, 18:18 PM

Will Gmail not appear in the universal inbox? I can't seem to get it to - I have to go into the entirely seperate Gmail app in order to read those emails, despite the fact that the Gmail address seems to be set up properly.

One thing I have noticed however is that the Gmail account has a picture of a little padlock next to it. I don't know what this means.

Any clues why this might not be working?

Options

1827 Posts

03-09-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

Re: "Universal" inbox and Gmail

2010-04-28, 18:24 PM

Gmail will not be displayed in the universal messages.  It will only be displayed via the Gmail application on the phone.  There's a lock icon next to the account because once setup you can not delete or change this account, and you can only have one gmail account at a time.

If there comes a time were you want to delete that gmail account from your phone or use a different one then you will have to perform a factory reset.

Options

54 Posts

04-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2010-04-28, 18:26 PM

Thank you for the answer.

I hope this will be changed. It sucks to have to look for email in two different places.

Options

76 Posts

03-10-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2010-04-28, 18:28 PM

You have to setup gmail in the universal inbox using the create new account, email....  It's kinda confusing cause you'd think "I've configured my gmail account why aren't my emails in the universal inbox."

I previously setup my gmail in my universal but then un-did it because there are a lot of gmail features that don't work in universal inbox.  For example report spam, starring, labels, etc.

Options

5 Posts

04-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2010-04-29, 5:10 AM
I had exactly the same question.  Does anyone know if Gmail might eventually be automatically included in the universal inbox without having to use POP?  Or at very least, might it appear as an icon on the Messaging screen?
Options

1 Posts

10-15-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2010-10-15, 17:31 PM

It works well for me by configuring an email account using imap. The only problem is that when we press the "delete" key in reading an email, it will actualy delete (send to gmail trash) it, instead of archiving it as gmail says it should. Do any one know how to fix it?

Options

22 Posts

11-25-2011

U.K.

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 8

2011-11-27, 20:20 PM

Found answer in one of the discussions:

"Gmail doesn't go through MOTOBLUR so it will not appear in the Universal Inbox. It will appear in it's own inbox. You can set it up to go to the universal inbox however you will lose key gmail functionality and contacts/calendar will not sync. ... Menu > Accounts > Add Account > Email >Enter Gmail email address and leave automatically configure account checked. Follow the on screen prompts to complete setup."

So, you can only link it by creating a new Email account.

Why not make it a part of MOTOBLUR or whatever to let it to the Universal Inbox. It would be very convenient if you had an opportinity to reach your messages through the Inbox as well as through the Gmail app for one gmail account. They should consider it for the coming update.

Options

2733 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 8 of 8

2011-12-06, 6:37 AM

You can actually achieve this functionality by configuring gmail for both the gmail app and the universal inbox and then stopping the gmail notifications in the gmail app. That way, you can still open gmail app when you want to and access email that way.

If you don't even want to get email in the gmail app at all but still get all the gmail contacts, you can stop syncing the email for gmail but continue syncing contacts and calendar for example. All is still pretty flexible.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete