Options

12 Posts

03-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

aol email help plz!!!

2010-03-22, 15:41 PM
i have a aol acct and when i get the email on my device i can see it but when i log into my comp at home all my emails are gone and i am not delelting them.  i have to forward all my emails back to my address just so i can see them on my home pc... anyone have any ideas???
Options

1547 Posts

03-22-2008

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: aol email help plz!!!

2010-03-22, 20:45 PM

How are you receiving your AOL email? Are you viewing it in Gmail app or did you set up a separate AOL account in the generic email app? The reason it is deleting from the web is because it is most likely set up as POP3, as this is the default action by AOL.

What are IMAP and POP3?

IMAP and POP3 (Post Office Protocol version 3) are the widely used standards for reading e-mail. IMAP allows you to read your e-mail directly from the remote e-mail server. The e-mail will remain accessible on the e-mail server even if you use a different computer to access it at a later time.

POP3 requires you to download your e-mail to your computer before you can read it, and the e-mail is deleted from the e-mail server as soon as it is downloaded. Therefore, the only copy of your e-mail will be on the computer that was used to read it.

Source

If you set up the account using the generic email app, it should set up automatically with IMAP settings. If not, enter the settings by going to messaging/manage account/AOL, adjust incoming and outgoing tabs according to the IMAP settings provided below.

How do I set up my e-mail application to send/receive AOL or AIM e-mails?

Setting up access to the AOL or AIM Mail servers is simple, and the settings are similar for most e-mail applications.

The basic information that you need to keep in mind to set up your e-mail application using IMAP and POP3 is as follows:

• Your e-mail address is screenname@aol.com or screenname@aim.com.
  • Be sure to include the @aol.com or @aim.com suffix.
  • The incoming mail (POP) server address is imap.aol.com and imap.aim.com for IMAP, and pop.aol.com or pop.aim.com for POP3.
  • Select the check box for leaving messages on the server.
  • The outgoing mail (SMTP) server address is smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com, port: 587.
  • Your user name is your AOL or AIM screen name.
  • Your password is your AOL or AIM password.

Source

Options

121 Posts

01-03-2008

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

2010-03-22, 21:47 PM

I use Optimum Online (local cable company) as my email service provider. They are a POP3 account. I just read info here, and I just want to state that this isn't always true. Optimum, which is POP3, stays on the server as long as I leave it. I get certain accounts pushed to my phone (Droid, but was previously a Motorola Q), and I can delete the message from phone. When I go to server, it is still there, and can be read from any internet accessible pc...

Options

1547 Posts

03-22-2008

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2010-03-22, 21:52 PM

That is true, and that is why I stated that this is a default action by AOL

as it was spelled out on their FAQ page.

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:aol email help plz!!!

2020-04-02, 8:06 AM

Hi, if you have facing any problem in aol mail setup, then visit - AOL email settings to resolve them. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete