Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohit_1234
What's DOS?
Views: 713
Message 1 of 15

BACKFLIP questions

Hi,

I have a few questions about the backflip (does nt have motoblur), I'am in india, and bought this yesterday only.

1. Is it possible to upgrade to Android 2 or 2.1, right now its on  1.5

2. Can the LED around the USB port be set up to light up for new messages and other notifications (or can any app be used for the same ?)

3. Can we tuen off the vibrations when the front soft keys are pressed ?

looking forward to your reply, thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 15

Re: BACKFLIP questions

According to this link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

The non-USA version of the Backflip will stay on 1.5

As for the LED and Softkeys - I don't know of anyway to change their behavior. There are some market apps that let you control the LED - one may work but I don't know.

Soft key vibration seems to be permanently on for all Moto Android phones.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rohit_1234
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the help mate, i got more questions:

- Can we disable the camera sounds ?

- Can we disable the vibration for network notifications ?

thanks again !

rohit_1234
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 15

what will happen if i install th US AT&T update.. I am in india using AIRTEL.. what will happen ?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 15

I am not sure what you mean by network notifications - if you  mean SMS messages - in the SMS application if you go to menu->settings-> notifications there is an option to turn off vibrate (I think) - as i am not sure if your software differs from usa.

There is no way to disable the camera sound that i know of.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rohit_1234
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 15

metwork notifications > whenever i send an SMS, after its sent, a window pops up showing my account balance. everytime this happens, the phone vibrates, and i havent found a way to stop this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 15

if you go into the SMS application and hit the menu key, you should have a settings option and then maybe more settings or notifications to turn off vibrate for all SMS messages - but i am guessing as your phone may be differnt.

MrNoSox
Broadband 3G
Message 8 of 15

If you run that update one of two things will happen... 1) it will not verify so it will not update, 2) if it does happen to update it will at most brick your phone but at least break the radio so you will not be able to make calls or use data.

The LED around the USB port is for charging notifications only. You cannot change the color and you cannot use it for notifications with any other apps.

In Settings, Sound & Display settings, uncheck Haptic Feedback to disable vibrations, but AlphaDog is right, disabling the vibration is limited to certain areas. You cannot disable it for the soft keys and you cannot disable it on the lock screen.

rohit.1234 wrote:

what will happen if i install th US AT&T update.. I am in india using AIRTEL.. what will happen ?

rohit_1234
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 15

in my phone, sound and display settings are under separate heads, and there is nothing like 'haptic feedback' an any of the menus. i guess, for some reason motorola decided to act funny in india an many other countries, as i cant find the logic behind limiting the update to US only, its wrong.

harry145
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 15

In order to shut the camera sound.. the only alternate way i use is Always keep my phone on vibration mode.. and whenevr i click it never makes a sound..