Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nc649
What's DOS?
Views: 106
Message 1 of 16

Backflip: Why are ALL callers unknown?

Hi!

Since I bought my backflip, every incoming call that I have received has been shown as 'unknown caller', even thought these callers are in my contacts.  The caller name shows up on SMS etc, but not on incoming calls.  Also, the caller is identified on other handsets, but not on the backflip.

What to do?

What to check?

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 16

Re: Backflip: Why are ALL callers unknown?

If you go into your contacts list are they listed multiple times (duplicates)?
nc649
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 16

Under 'all contacts' they are each listed once.  But the phone then divides it into facebook contacts, google contacts, and motoblur contacts - and some are listed in each of these categories.  Should I delete some of these contact lists?  Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for advice...

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 16

What happens when someone calls that is not in your contact list.

Do you have a house phone or another cell phone?  If they are in your contact list try erasing them from the list then call your phone from that phone your erased and let me know how it's displayed on your caller ID please.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 16

Do you get the phone number displayed? Does it have the area code displayed? Do your contacts have the area code as part of the contact number? Usually the phone number of the contact has to match exactly what is coming in - this usually means that your contacts need area codes.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
layla2002au
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 16

Hi i was just wondering if you figured out the problem

my provider is Optus and it is really annoying me trying to figure out how to make the phone display who is calling

please get back to me on layla2002au@hotmail.com

thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 16

Can you respond to the questions we have asked above? There are quite a few suggestions, and your response to them may help us solve your problem.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
layla2002au
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 16

yes i have done all of your above suggestions.. none of them have worked... is there an app or something that you need....

the numbers include the area code in my contacts i have tried with and without the area code they come up in messages  as being from that caller but not when they call when i call from another phone that is not set on private it still comes up as unknown instead of the number of the person calling all missed calls come through as unknown.. everything as unknown... its frustrating i have tried everything i can think of

is there anything else for me to try?

JessicaC_Agron
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 16

I have got the same problem too. Tried all ways to try to make it work but it just don't, in addition it's laggy, hoping there's a system update soon to make it better. Kind of making me regret getting the phone though.
nc649
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 16

Hi,

This turned out to be a problem with the carrier (OPTUS) and not with the phone in my case.  Even though caller ID etc was activated when I got the phone, and when I logged into my online Optus account it was clearly shown to be activated and working...it WAS NOT.  So, if you are with Optus Mobile, call customer service and have somebody re-activate all of your phone settings.  It takes about 10minutes over the phone, then it is a wait of 4hours for it to be updated.  After this it is important to turn your phone completely off and on again (updates the network) and you should have it working.

It took a few calls to Optus to get to this point (they kept just saying that everything was activated and no problems at their end), but knowing this, just ask them to reactivate in case you are having the same problem as me.