Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nc649
What's DOS?
Views: 53
Message 1 of 3

Backflip - caller name no longer displayed

I have the same problem.  Since I bought my phoen EVERY call received has shown 'unknown caller' even though the caller is in my contacts.  The caller name shows up on SMS etc, just not incoming calls.  What should I do?  The callers are identified on other handsets, just not on my backflip.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Backflip - caller name no longer displayed

nc649

I can think of three variables at play here.

Sorry, not sure who your carrier is, but with USC who I use...

• the caller ID is an option they provide as an add-on application for an additional price.
Perhaps calling your provider/carrier will provide this answer?

• There is a "hide your ID on the next call" setting.... does that pertain here?

see link: C261 User Guide page 30

• Usually, once a number is saved as a contact in your phonebook/contact list, in which you assign the individuals name, that unique name is displayed with all future incoming calls from that person. also as Dave has mentioned, the use of the 1 before your area code can have significance for calls in the USA. If your have questions here, your provider/carrier should be able to give you the proper number format they use.

edited by: Poko

@ nc649... opps,

I see you have a BACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™, so the user guide reference does not apply to your phone , but does apply to this thread content.

You may also want to post your question in the "Backflip" forum

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 3

Re: Backflip - caller name no longer displayed

[Requested this thread to be Branched to address BACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™ issue]

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/28051?tstart=0