Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dglasgow1
What's DOS?
Views: 250
Message 1 of 5

Backflip can no longer recognize wifi networks that are in range

I purchased an "unlocked" Backflip phone a few weeks ago. I used it in the US with no problems. It located wifi networks and connected just fine but now that I have the phone outside the US, it no longer recognizes any wifi networks. Everything else works just fine. It works with my local SIM card and uses Edge connection for Data network. Can anyone help with this issue?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Backflip can no longer recognize wifi networks that are in range

So when you go to "menu" + "Settings" + "wireless & networks", are you seeing any wireless network and just cannot connect to them, or are you unable to even see any networks?

dglasgow1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I do not even see any networks to connect to. The wifi works perfect when using the phone in the US but as soon as I come back into Belize, it no longer recognizes any networks. I've tried it at home with my router as well as out in public where my other devices are connected to wifi. My iphone, Nook e-reader and my laptops all find the networks and connect so it's not the router.

Like I said, when I fly back to the US, the phone begins working fine as soon as I land in Houston so I know that the wifi works on the phone.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

This is a very strange issue. Have you tried doing a factory data reset?

jise_91
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I have the same problem.. The wifi worked fine, before I unlocked it. Now that it is, the wifi doesn't work. it doesn't even scan for available networks. i have no other problems with myother devices either, so its now my router! -- I tried the factory data reset. It cleared my info off the phone and now its back to the setup with the BLUR account . . and without the wifi working, I can't access the phone at all! I'm from Belize too, but I don't think its our service provider. My other friends' wifi work fine on their andriod phones.