Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rukas
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 1 of 4

Backlfip: Speaker buzzy when on call

I bought my phone yesterday and have noticed that when on the phone, when the other person talks it kind of buzzes along with what they said based on how loud they say it, if you know what i mean, as if the speakers level is peaking.
Should I get it exchanged?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Backlfip: Speaker buzzy when on call

If it does it on calls, then you may have a bad speaker. You could try a master reset, but it sounds like a hardware issue with the speaker. If it gives you peace of mind, then exchange it.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 4

Rukas wrote:
I bought my phone yesterday and have noticed that when on the phone, when the other person talks it kind of buzzes along with what they said based on how loud they say it, if you know what i mean, as if the speakers level is peaking.
Should I get it exchanged?

You are talking about the small speaker for calls only and not the speaker used for speakerphone?

Do you have the same problem with different callers?

My phone is quite loud on calls and I have found that the best listening volume is at quite a bit less than max. Is the 'buzzing' actually clipping because the volume is too loud or does it sound like the buzzing made when a speaker is physically loose in it's housing?

If you continue to get buzzing at listenable volume levels from multiple callers that sounds like a hardware issue that could only be solved with an exchange of the phone. Since you got it so recently I would suggest taking it back to where you bought it.

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
Rukas
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Speaker phone is fine and it appears to be every caller yes.

Will try to have it exchanged today; two days after purchase.