Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BooniMan
What's DOS?
Views: 80
Message 1 of 5

Camera preview, shutter response and sound

I find the camera preview is flickering under flourescent lights. I in Asia, there is no way to adjust the powerline frequency in the phone.

shutter response is slow, by the time I snap a photo, it usually takes seconds for it to save, but all turned out blurry.

shutter sound, is there any means to reduce the volume? its too loud.

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: Camera preview, shutter response and sound

BooniMan wrote:

I find the camera preview is flickering under flourescent lights. I in Asia, there is no way to adjust the powerline frequency in the phone.

shutter response is slow, by the time I snap a photo, it usually takes seconds for it to save, but all turned out blurry.

shutter sound, is there any means to reduce the volume? its too loud.

While in the camera app try setting the white balance to Florescent

Menu->Settings->Advanced settings->White Balance

The system volume controls the shutter sound, you need an app like Volume Control to adjust that. This will effect the volume of your touch tones and other things (I don;t know all of the things system effects).

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
BooniMan
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Marvin,

I will try the Volume Control apps...

As for the whitebalance, no good changing to Fluorescent. The problem is not on environment ambient lights. In fact if I were in a place filled with incandescent light, the problem still persist. The lights here are running 50Hz, I believe in US its 60Hz. The camera simply did not tune it to match the frequency here.

BooniMan
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

I workaround the shutter sound now by adjusting the volume on the home screen 1st, then launch the camera app. Adjust it to complete silent. In this manner, when taking a photo, there is no sound at all. Its better than nothing...
marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 5

Sounds like you might like the Mute app which toggles everything off and then on quickly.
Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip