Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micmit
What's DOS?
Views: 645
Message 1 of 4

Delete gmail account

I added gmail account in happenings. Now I want to delete it , and can't figure out how. Can't activate anything like "Remove account".
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Delete gmail account

Open "Account Settings" find the Gmail account you want to delete, end press "Remove account". This is only if you added it as a separate email account in your motoblur. To delete your linked google account, you need to go to "Menu" + "Settings" + "Applications" + "Google apps" and press "Clear data". That will require you to log in with a different username in order to use any of the google services.

Micmit
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

It did work ( Clear data in Google applications ) .  I could log in with the new account in Gmail icon. However , it resulted

"Waiting for sync"  - caption at the top

"Your email will appear shortly"   - message on a screen centered , but nothing does appear.

It turned out having "Auto-sync" checked and Gmail checked in Data synchronization is a requirement to see anything in gmail. It doesn't apply to hotmail account.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 4

yes, if Auto-sync is not enabled then you have to manually fetch mail with gmail. And you are correct, this doesn't apply to hotmail at all.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More