Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arantxamichelle
What's DOS?
Views: 662
Message 1 of 4

MP3 Ringtones

I've added Ringdroid as the usual mp3 ringtone selection through AT&T is not functioning for me. Ringdroid is REFUSING to let me use more than 15secs of my mp3. Even though I cut the song at let's say 30secs, when i listen to the edited mp3, it's only 15secs long. Anyone knows another app I can use to bipass this? 15secs of a ringtone is annoying!

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 4

Re: MP3 Ringtones

Try Rings Extended or try creating a folder named ringtones on your sd card and putting your longer files in it.

My folder structure is:

media

-audio

--ringtones

--notifications

I don't think you need the higher level folders, that's just the way I organized it.

This answer seems familiar.

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
arantxamichelle
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Question though: How do I do this on the SD card alone? When I attach the USB from the phone to the computer and view the files, I'm actually not seeing any of the files listed as the SD card. Am I going about this the wrong way?

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 4

arantxamichelle wrote:

Question though: How do I do this on the SD card alone? When I attach the USB from the phone to the computer and view the files, I'm actually not seeing any of the files listed as the SD card. Am I going about this the wrong way?

When your phone is connected to your computer the root directory you see in your file explorer is the root directory of the Sd card.

Your SD card can only be seen by one device at a time. If you have mounted it as a USB drive to your computer the contents are not available to your phone. If you are connected by USB cable to the computer and in Charge Only mode you can see the files on your phone, but not on your computer.

If you want to copy stuff from your computer to the phone, mount the SD card on your computer as a USB drive. Do all of the file functions you need (copy files, create folders, organize stuff) and then unmount your SD card from the computer (how to do this differs depending on your computer OS) and then pull down the notification bar and turn off USB drive mode.

Now your phone can access the files you put on it.

You can also use a file manager to work with the files on your phone directly. I like Astro.

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip