cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsadiwala
What's DOS?
Views: 313
Message 1 of 6

Why Doesnt vodafone Live! work on Mb300 backflip (india)

I know it doesnt work.....but i really dont know the reason.....im a person who has hunger for knowledge.....and i cant sleep properly without learning something that i dont know....so please can u help me........the reason might even help me to make VL work onmy cell...thank you  .........

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why Doesnt vodafone Live! work on Mb300 backflip (india)

What does Vodaphone say?

This link says Vodaphone integrates this with the phone's core functions - so it sounds like you need to talk to Vodaphone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodafone_live!

If your Backflip was not issued by Vodaphone then it is not unusual for many carrier's "extra" services to not work.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rsadiwala
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

so......to acesss the web without Wi-Fi what can i do...??

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

Rushabh Sadiwala wrote:

so......to acesss the web without Wi-Fi what can i do...??

So you are not talking about Vodaphone live now which is a special service.

To access the web using the data plan of your carrier, you need to put in carrier specific values for the data connection - APN settings. Vodaphone india should be able to help you with this - these are their settings.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rsadiwala
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

i think vl is the only gprs serice for vodafone....i called them and they said itz not supported on android phones..Smiley Sadthey told me to take an more expensive and complex serice called as vodaphone mobile connect....Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 6

Rushabh Sadiwala wrote:

i think vl is the only gprs serice for vodafone....i called them and they said itz not supported on android phones..:(they told me to take an more expensive and complex serice called as vodaphone mobile connect....:)

This is not unusual. Many phones work that way in the USA too. Older phones with just WAP browsers qualify for these types of plans. If you get a newer phone with a real browser, you need to get a real data plan.

There is no way to force the old style data plan on a newer phone, and the carrier can detect this (by EMEI number) and force you to a new data plan.